Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

there was a red spot on the tip of my nose a few days earlier. now that red spot has turned into a bump. do i have rosacea since i had the red spot prior to having the bump?

please help.

there was a red spot on the tip of my nose a few days earlier. now that red spot has turned into a bump. do i have rosacea since i had the red spot prior to having the bump?

please help.

Rosacea is characterised by red flushing below the eyes near the nose and on the nose. It gets noticeable in 30's onwards. Drinking alcohol, heat and spicy foods aggravate it. Its incredibly difficult to treat as sufferers have aggravating problems with most topicals.

I suffer from rosacea as well as acne, it is mild and it is definitely heredatary for me. Im of celtic genes which have a prevalence. And yes I like a drink :) But even when I didnt drink for years it was present and became worse with age.

I dont think you have it.

I personally have found that BP is helping it, and studies have shown this as well. The initial hardening effect can be gotten over on the rosacea areas.

I doubt its rosacea, sometimes a pimple will start to show red before it comes up to a full bump from under the skin. If its on your nose its unlikely you would have been able to feel the bump underneath initially

however, about a day or two before the bump raised, there was a little pain on the red spot. if i scrunched up my nose, i would feel it, as if it were a nodule of some sort. i'm still worried that i have pre-rosacea... how long should i wait until the bump clears out to determine that it is or isn't rosacea?

lucky rosacea does NOT come in bump form. if you could feel the bump it was definetely a pimple. Rosacea is more of a difused redness and there are often visible capillaries. And early stage rosacea is more of a diffuse redness without bumps, usually found on the cheeks and beside the nose, not a single bump on it. i wouldn't worry.

please help.

As I said rosacea is more of a blush, spots etc are secondary and usually tiny.

You bump is inflammation of 1 spot, if you leave it alone it will go away.

hm...but the is currently a chalazion on my right upper eyelid. after researching for a bit, i found that a chalazion is the result of acne rosacea. things keep pushing toward this... =\

here is the link: http://www.rosacea.org/class/classystem.html

Secondary features

The following signs and symptoms often appear with one or more of the primary features of rosacea, but in some patients can occur independently.

* Burning or stinging. Burning or stinging sensations with or without scaling or dermatitis may occur, especially on malar skin.4

* Plaque. Elevated red plaques without epidermal changes in the surrounding skin may occur.

* Dry appearance. Central facial skin may be rough and scaling so as to resemble dry skin and suggest an eczematous dermatitis, and may often include the coexistence of seborrheic dermatitis. This “dryness� may be associated with burning or stinging sensations, and may be caused by irritation rather than the disease process.

* Edema. Edema may accompany or follow prolonged facial erythema or flushing. Sometimes soft edema may last for days or be aggravated by inflammatory changes. Solid facial edema (persisting hard, nonpitting edema) can occur with rosacea, usually as a sequel of the papulopustular type, and also independently of redness, papules and pustules, or phymatous changes.

* Ocular manifestations. Ocular manifestations are common, and range from symptoms of burning or itching to signs of conjunctival hyperemia and lid inflammation. Styes, chalazia, and corneal damage may occur in many patients with rosacea in addition to cutaneous stigmata. The severity of ocular manifestations may not be proportional to those of the skin.

* Peripheral location. Rosacea has been reported to occur in other locations,5 but the frequency and occurrence of this are ill-defined. Rosacea in peripheral locations may or may not be accompanied by facial manifestations.

* Phymatous changes. These can include patulous follicles, skin thickening or fibrosis, and a bulbous appearance. Rhinophyma is the most common form, but other phymas may occur (Table I).

i hope you guys are right.... :cry: