Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Got2BStrong14

Quick Question about TCA cross before I do it

After I washed my face this morning, I practiced applying a toothpick to the ice pick scars I want to cross. It seemed that a toothpick was too wide to get to the bottom of some of them and definitely touched the sides of the scar. (Dont get me wrong, I have some deep icepick scars) Should I use a needle or something thinner to do TCA cross (without penetrating the skin) or is it ok that the toothpick touches the sides of the scar? Thanks!!

After I washed my face this morning, I practiced applying a toothpick to the ice pick scars I want to cross. It seemed that a toothpick was too wide to get to the bottom of some of them and definitely touched the sides of the scar. (Dont get me wrong, I have some deep icepick scars) Should I use a needle or something thinner to do TCA cross (without penetrating the skin) or is it ok that the toothpick touches the sides of the scar? Thanks!!

some people file the toothpick down 'til it's a thin sliver and then use that for cross.

Thanks for the reply (sorry this is so late) So I finally did the TCA cross. I shaved down the toothpick till it was really slim (except it broke when I was doing it) I am using 50% but it was from Maillie on Ebay and a bunch of you said that her stuff isn't really strong. Anyways, I attempted to cross like 5 ice pick scars just to start. I was really nervous, so my hand was shaking, but I tried to steady it as much as possible. There was a slight stinging and they are all slightly red and definitely bigger looking. No frosting over. The solution might not be strong enough, but I'll keep you posted!

Thanks for the reply (sorry this is so late) So I finally did the TCA cross. I shaved down the toothpick till it was really slim (except it broke when I was doing it) I am using 50% but it was from Maillie on Ebay and a bunch of you said that her stuff isn't really strong. Anyways, I attempted to cross like 5 ice pick scars just to start. I was really nervous, so my hand was shaking, but I tried to steady it as much as possible. There was a slight stinging and they are all slightly red and definitely bigger looking. No frosting over. The solution might not be strong enough, but I'll keep you posted!

I wonder why they didn't frost :think:

I have a very quick question too ( I did a little google search but couldnt find anything specific)

Is there a chance of permenent pigmentation change in a darker skin person with the TCA cross?

I just wanted to report that I tried TCA cross a second time. Since I bought my "50%" on Ebay I think it is pretty weak so the second time I was more aggressive and put the toothpick in each icepick like 10 times. It still wasnt overwhelmingly strong but this time I think I did frost (the color got white where I did it and pink all around that) and little scabs did form! Yay! I didn't feel them until the next day. So now all my icepicks are noticably larger. (Except for some reason it looks like the surrounding skin around where I did the crosses looks better) I accidentally scratched a scab off because I forgot they were there and it was itchy so I'm a little worried about that. Oh and lastly I know for sure there is no way my dig camera will capture any of this, like the depth of the icepicks and all, but I just wanted to contribute my testimonial to the information out there.

I will let you know if my icepicks improve.