Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
real maverick

ingrown hairs, becoming a real problem :o(

Hi guys, my skin over the past few months has been great regarding spots, but instead I'm getting ingrown hairs on my face. It's in a small area on my cheek just an inch to the right and left of my mouth.

I don't get them anywhere else on my face other than this area, I have to use a needle to get them out and I fear I'm going to scar my skin that survived incredibly well from acne.

I've tried various solutions such as ingrow go and min2 solution which seemed to work at first but didn't hold up. I also paid £150 for an electric shaver and removed the lift/cut feature which made matters worse, I then purchased a wet shaver that doesn't come in contact with the skin which has helped some but I'm still getting a few.

I always wet my face well and use a quality shaving gel, I shave in direction of the hair and always softly, I never go over the same area twice.

This area of my face has red marks from hairs I've just removed and red marks from hairs I removed a few days ago.

I don't want to use antibiotics as they stop working after a while? and also cause further problems?

I'm at wits end at the moment, I get over one problem and develop another, :wall::wall::wall:

Any further advice would be much appreciated, perhaps dietary supplements or anything else I've not yet tried.

Thanks

Welcome to my world. Every damn zit I have is filled with an ingrown hair. Its been the bain of my existance since I started getting facial hair. I feel your pain =\

Unfortunately, I haven't found anything that helps better than a single blade razor and some dv?Ãt shaving gel =\

Try using a toner as it gets rid of these!!!You have to rub the cotton ball against ur skin very hard to get these off. Try not to do it all in one day. I've been doing this for a week and it does the trick.

I think it may be the Witch Hazel or Aloe Vera. I'm using one called Thayers Aloe Vera Formula Alcohol Free. There's also some other toner from another company that says it prevents ingrown hair from shaving so check stores and ask for that altho i dont know the brand.

Well I started shaving more than 10 years ago, and also had this problem. I went to the dermatologist, and they told me the best way was to curb the problem was to wash my face, shave, and use aftershave with lotion. A new great product is the Nivea for men line. The key to this whole thing though is to DO THIS DAILY. Even if you barely have any stubble, shave daily. Also I use a straight razor, because for me personally it gets much closer than an electric shaver. Good luck.

I have the same problem but i seem to have found a way to minimize them...

I use sensor razorblade, aveeno therapuetic shave gel, and nivea sensitive skin aftershave lotion.

I spot treat ingrowns with SA 2% via natures cure acne body spray. I just spray it onto a q tip and them apply onto ingrowns.

I know two guys who had this problem... They were always getting ingrown hairs! What they did was have those hairs lasered off in the areas that were always having problems and viola! No more ingrowns. :)

I've had laser hair removal done myself and love it.

takara, what kind of laser do they use? did you have to have this done more than once? also, can i ask where you had it done..?

i'm considering laser hair removal at some point, and it would be good to learn a little about it from someone who's had it done.

1. Buy a fog free mirror and shave in the shower.

2. Do a wash/shave/wash (that way you get to oil off before shaving, and the 2nd wash gets rid of any shaving residue)

3. Use a Bump Fighter razor. This is a razor specifically designed for ingrown hairs.

4. Use the Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel. Apply it to your face and let it soak in for a minute

5. Splash face with freezing cold water

6. After you get out of the shower, use an aspirin toner (1 uncoated aspirin in a 3oz bottle of water, applied with cotton ball)