Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I see what you mean.

But what about those who do not believe in God, and feel liberated because of it? There are some who do not believe in God but still believe in morality, and others who don't. For those who don't, they might not worry about right or wrong, and might not be afraid of consequences, and as a result, perhaps not of death either. So maybe in their case not believing in God is their coping mechanism. What do you think?

not fearing god or death IS a very dangerous combination, I can testify to that.

i'm not gonna lie, i do fear death. I usually associate pain with death and i'm scared of pain. If i was to die peacefully of old age because my body stopped working, i would prefer that kind of death. Also the feeling to loneliness and the unknown scares me. On the other hand sometimes i feel like death is a peaceful thing because once ur dead u dont feel anything anymore.

We dont live forever thats for certain... I'll leave you with these interesting quotes i found:

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

- Joseph Stalin

Nothing is certain but death and taxes. Of the two, taxes happen annually.

-Joel Fox

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

- Isaac Asimov

Fear not death, for the sooner we die the longer we shall be immortal.

- Benjamin Franklin

Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.

- Mahatma Gandhi

Guest tenshigirl25

im scared of death because never seeing the ones u love ever again. everything is over. no more having a shower, going out to eat, watching movies, no more love, no more sex...everything is gone and the world just keeps on turning and then having acne on top of this and having missed out on opputunities in life as it is, is depressing enough..i guess we really do have to live our lives to th fullest.

sorry for being so depressing..

im scare to die, i dont know if there will be next life and what if there is hell, im gonna miss my family like crazy, its gonna be so lonely !!

Think about it this way did it suck so bad before u were born? I think death has all the answers everyones looking for. Dont worship false gods, the real maker is somewhere laughing at the people trying to feel secure about life and death by worshiping something. Nobody knows and will not until they die, get over it and accept it.

Plus most wars in the history of mankind ahve revolved around religion or two religions having conflict with one another. How is that better than not worshiping anything?

I'm not that scared about my self dying, but my family and people that I love, that scares me. My cousin passed away 2 years ago around this time of year, I miss him, but in a way I'm happy (not that best word) that he passed away, no more pain. The last time tha I saw him he was happy so that how I remember him.

omg..thats exactly how i feel. Sometimes when a loved one has to travel or smgt ..i get paranoid that something bad might happen to them. I'm sorry about your cousin..i lost one too in a car accident.

Guest tenshigirl25

ive always thought when we die, we basically die. we get reincarnated as another human being and basically our life as we know it now never existed. so we were somebody else b4 and so on.. thats why u have likes and dislikes, talents, feelings of having a conection with certain things because u were like this in a past life.

i dont think there are any heaven and gates and meeting up with your family again..im not sure...what if there is a whole other planet in the universe and they do watch down on us? or have a connection? maybe there is nothing to worry about.. or maybe we just die and that's it? i cant bleive with so much paranormal things going on that its just over...i think there is something out there.

but we have to die sometime, we cant live forveer. whats worse? to live and die or to live forever? i basically wish life was about 150 years and not around 80 years...and we could look and feel young for at least 60 years until we started to get wrinkles and bad backs.

ive always thought when we die, we basically die. we get reincarnated as another human being and basically our life as we know it now never existed.

If thats true..I hope i get reincarnated WITHOUT acne! :pray:

If I didn't fear death, i'd be dead right now. I would've killed myself long ago, when the reality of how my life was going to be set in. I fear death and what's going to happen after death. I know we don't just die. I know this place isn't the last. However, i'm scared the next place will be worse.

Despite the fact that many people might have their own reasons for fearing death, i think that ultimately what scares us the most is the unknown of what happens after.

I've heard alot of you saying, that once we die, we will be gone forever, and stop living. Think about this for a minute, it's been on my mind everytime I think about dying since I was a kid. When we die we cannot just stop living... it's impossible. Sure the body dies but our spirit must go on to somewhere new. Think about if your body actually died, you would not stop seeing things, I mean you can't just stop thinking.... where would your soul go? what would you see? and be thinking? Your soul cannot die in my opinion. Think about it, once you're dead.... you cannot stop existing, sure maybe it will be in another form or another place (heaven or hell), or maybe you will just stay in your grave and it will be like an eternal dream which you never wake up from. But you cannot just stop thinking, even if your brain was destroyed during your death.... your spirit must remain somewhere. You know?

I'm not afraid of death...it's inevitable...there is no escaping it. If you live than you shall also die. However, I am afraid of dying but not really being dead lol. I mean somehow I'm alive but the coroner/mortician thinks I am dead! So I have a paranoia about being buried alive. Now that would be scarier than dying.

I'm not afraid of death. Death is just another part of life. Imagine for a moment that you would live forever. That you would out live your parents, your brothers, your friends, your soul mate, your children, and their children. Why would you want to live forever, if it would be all alone? In death there is nothing to fear, its what lies on the other side we do. The fact that our lives no longer are in our control. What lies for us when we reach death? No one knows. The most thought of is, Heaven and Hell. Some believe we are reborn through new life, some believe nothing. We ourselves will not know till our time comes. Till then we should not worry about death. Why would you worry about something that hasn't come yet? ;)

As for your friend, comfort him the best you can. Remind him that we all must come to this part of our life and that god has a purpose for taking him from the Earth. Also, most people seem to say "I don't want to die alone". The sad fact is, that everyone dies alone. No one makes the journey with us. Just try to make his last months on the Earth as good as possible. Try complimenting him maybe once a day, have you and a few friends invite him to the movies. Just help him enjoy his last moments on this earth. That's about all I have to say.

Guest Poker-Butt

in a way i am at peace with it, but scared of not knowing whats after...the knowing that i will not being able to think, remember, feel ....anything

Absolutely, I have many reasons to live, I enjoy life.

Too bad everything you've worked so hard for in your life will end up being a waste eh?

Considering the fact that you won't be able to take any of it once you die.

Oh, and here's an awesome quote:

"Eat right, exercise, die anyway."

Peace.

Guest Mish Mosh

what is this bloke still doing at work if he only has a few months to live?

Also if he is still of working age, he cant be that old.

I see what you mean.

But what about those who do not believe in God, and feel liberated because of it? There are some who do not believe in God but still believe in morality, and others who don't. For those who don't, they might not worry about right or wrong, and might not be afraid of consequences, and as a result, perhaps not of death either. So maybe in their case not believing in God is their coping mechanism. What do you think?

Not believing in God is a mechanism?? The term god was created by human beings to feel comfort.

It was created!

How can not believing in something be CREATED as a mechanism??

EH EH.

Let me tell you one thing... it is MUCH HARDER to live your life without beliefs in religion and "god". You have nothing to comfort you when someone dies or when anything else happens. All you have is your strength. You have to be a pretty strong and down to earth person to take life for WHAT IT IS and avoid believing in an imaginery world to cope.

The scariest part of death is the unknown and dying alone. I'm afraid of just being blacked out and feel nothing. I've had two dreams about dying and it was awful. Just going to complete blackness and that was it. Like I had no control left and was no longer a part of the world. It's easy to say you are NOT afraid when you are HEALTHY and WELL sitting comfortably in your home. Wait until you are under a serious life threatening situation. You will be afraid. It's natural.