Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Long_Term_Acne

I think I'm gonna go see a derm again

I've been clearing up for the last 4 months on differin and benzamycin, but its just not enough. The last few days I've been breaking out a bit and I woke up this morning to find another spot forming, although I don't think it will be a particularly bad one. Why should I have to settle for 2nd best though? However much acne I have it fucking pisses me off. I want to go on roaccutane, but whether a derm will put me on it is another question. I'm a lot clearer than the last time I saw my derm, but not clear. My skin is still below average and I still feel fucking shit about it most of the time. I'll go see my doctor tomorrow and hopefully get referred. I'm gonna go on the NHS this time, so my appointment will take 3-4 months to come through. I could go private again, but its expensive and although my acne is still making me sad, its not obliterating my life as much as it did when it was much worse.

Personally, I think it is best to see your old dermatologist if you are seriously considering to get on Accutane. It is quite impossible, in my opinion, to convince a new one to let you, if they don't know your past history, especially when you are relatively clearer now.

Either way, good luck! I hope everything will work out for you.

I might end up seeing the old derm as they work at my NHS hospital as well. I've generally found all the derms at the NHS hospital are pretty understanding, lucky compared to the horror stories I've heard in here. After I had a shave and washed my face this morning, I started to think I looked a lot better, but I'm gonna try to see a derm again

im going to see a derm too to see wat i can do about my redmarks and scars, and my acne is beginning to flare up again. the shit sucks.

My old derm was a reaal idiot though so Im going to see someone new, so I know itll be weeks before i can

Go on accutane for sure. I really dont see how people have such a hard time going on the drug? All u have to do is ask your dermo about it. I dont really think there is any big deal about the pill at all. the side effects are blown WAY out of proportion for a number of reasons. I ahve known a number of kids that went on it and myself with no side effects besides good skin.

I had trouble getting on it before because my liver tests were showing up slightly high and so my derm wouldnt let me go on it. I couldnt get an appointment with my doctor today, so I'll have to try tomorrow

Go on accutane for sure. I really dont see how people have such a hard time going on the drug? All u have to do is ask your dermo about it. I dont really think there is any big deal about the pill at all. the side effects are blown WAY out of proportion for a number of reasons. I ahve known a number of kids that went on it and myself with no side effects besides good skin.

Just because you didn't get bad side effects, or any permanent ones, doesn't mean that accutane is no big deal. Most people taking it (at least people taking higher dosages), get quite a few side effects.