Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I read somewhere on the 'personal regimen logs' board about using toothpaste as a facewash. I though this was totally ridiculous, but the other day, I ran out of my regular wash so I decided to try it out. The odd thing is, that it actually seemed to work! It feels like you are using a really strong salicylic acid product, in that it makes your skin feel really cool afterwards (although that's probably just the menthol). After using it exclusively for a few days, my skin seems to have reacted very oddly towards it - I haven't had a spot since I started it (well, maybe one), and the ones that I had already kinda, got more painful, then flattened and scabbed over...I think this is a good thing, but it's too early to tell. I guess I'll keep using it and keep you posted. Does anyone else have any experience with using toothpaste?

I used toothpast once on an existing pimple (like an on-the-spot treatment) and left it overnight. My skin got very red and irritated and it looked a lot worse than before. I don't have sensitive skin, but that convinced me to stay away from toothpaste.

Personally don't think this helps at all, tried it once upon a time, gave it a few days and it did jack... well nothing bar making me smell minty fresh :)

I used to use toothpaste as a facial wash too, and know the methnol cool feeling you describe... and I like it. I would very thinly spread toothpaste all over my face, leave it on for a little bit (don't let it dry) and then rinse- I didn't keep to it long enough, but I believe it may work extremely well. I use it now as on the spot treatment from time to time.

I think it would also depend on what brand of toothpaste you used, i know that one high in flouride can irritate the skin. :-k

before when i used toothpaste for an acne flare up, i would just dab a little of toothpaste on to there, and the next day my pimple was gone, but the bad thing was that it left a very deep SPOT in there. i don't recommend it to nobody, my face is clear now after 4 weeks of trying Proactiv, now im waiting for my face to clear up on its spots, i ask my self........WHY DIDN'T I USE PROACTIV EARLIER?? 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ well i just didn't believe in it, but now that im 17 i decided to try it and it did work, i regret this for not using it earlier. #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o by now my skin should have been has clear as krystal water with no spots on #-o #-o

Wow. It's just strange to find some people that acually used it as a wash. I heard the same thing a while ago. And I even posted a topic about it here. But from my research, it apears to be an old wives tale. When you break down the ingredients, there is nothing af any topical value. But...if it works for you, more power to ya. :evil: