Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
niceguy

outdoors all day - any tips?

I am going to be working outdoors all next and I was wondering if there was anything I should be cautious about ie. staying out of the sun, or avoid using bug spray... What do you think?

Thanks,

J

If you are going to be outside all day, here are a list of things you can do to prevent Sun Damage and etc.

1.) Wear an SPF 30 outside. Remember to put it on at least 20-30 minutes before going out.

**If you have acne, try and get an oil-free sun-screen**

Examples:: Coppertone Oil Free Sun Block Lotion SPF 8, 15, 30, and 45 or Paulas Choice Extra Care Non-Greasy Sunscreen SPF 30+ With Antioxidants (Used on the face area only and found at http://www.paulaschoice.com)

2.) Put on a floppy hat, so that it will cover both your face and your back neck.

3.) If you are to go swimming or come in contact with water, hurry up dry off, get into a shaded area of some-sort, reapply the sunscreen, and put on shorts and a shirt again, to double protect your skin from becoming red and sun burned.

4.) Drink plenty of water! Drink plenty of water! You do not want to become over or dehydrated at all.

5.) Wear Flip-flops, sandles, or some kind of shoe that will prevent your feet, especially the bottoms of your feet from becoming burnt.

~Nikki

Thanks for the help. The moisterizer I use for the regimen is a SPF15, do you think this is strong enough?

I do think that a moisturizer with SPF 15 is a good one...... I am using the same and I find it really good enough as it prevents me from sun all day.........But if you are living in a city with intense heat, I recommend you using a moisturizer with SPF 30.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask me!!

-Amar Flora