Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xodia

Is moisturizer necessary?

Hello guys,

I am currently on the Dan's regimen, and been on it for last 1 week. I am kinda confused with the use of moisturizer. I use Cetaphil moisturizer w/o SPF. It says on the regimen that we have to use the moisturizer to prevent dry, red, itchy face. But after applying BP I don't feel all that stuff, so is moisturizer really necessary for me? What I have persoanlly noticed is that after applying moiturizer, my face turns kinda oily and it leads to more pimples!...so shld i use it or not?

ive always hated moisturiser and its never made my skin any better when using it just alot worse and ive tried all the recommended ones but alotta people on this board will probly say otherwise.

If it gives you pimples it's better not to use it. You could try looking for a different moisturizer if you have any dryness. I had clear skin for years using BP and toners without any moisturizer (I have always used either liquid foundation or tinted moisturizer, though). But, I don't think it's as necessary as some people make it out to be.

Personally I hate mosturizers. I can't stand having my face feeling moist and supple. lol Nice and dry and clean with a cleanser that is the right kind is the way to go.

But I know some people's skin can accept mosturizers. Mine cannot. I have normal to oily skin. :(

Guest james11

I know you guys obviously don't like moisturisers, but i would strongly suggest that you use sunscreen during the day. Benzoyl Peroxide will make your skin photo-sensitive. Also, extensive UV exposure causes many other problems on Acne effected skin.

I personally use a a product called DDF Photo-age protection. It's UVA/UVB 30+, oil & fragrance free and i feel it doesn't cause breakouts. It was given to me by my Dermatologist.

Good luck with things people :D

You should apply moisturiser when needed, but if your using the full amount of BP you will most likely need a moisturiser. My bp aborbs extra oil and releases moisture at the same time so i dont really need a moisturiser at the moment.

Hello guys,

I am currently on the Dan's regimen, and been on it for last 1 week. I am kinda confused with the use of moisturizer. I use Cetaphil moisturizer w/o SPF. It says on the regimen that we have to use the moisturizer to prevent dry, red, itchy face. But after applying BP I don't feel all that stuff, so is moisturizer really necessary for me? What I have persoanlly noticed is that after applying moiturizer, my face turns kinda oily and it leads to more pimples!...so shld i use it or not?

BP and cleansers usually have glycerin, propylene glycol and aqua, the main constituents of moisturizers.

If you are dry and scaly use a moisturizer, if not dont.

Stay in the shade, you should do that even if not on regimen.

Make sure your moisturizer is oil free, Cetaphil do moisturizers with macadamia nut oil and sweet almond oil for instance, bacteria may luv that!

Speaking of oil, does anyone know whether emu or jojoba oil could be used as moisturisers instead of eucerin and the like?

Tough one.

I've had good results with Jojoba as carrier for tea tree oil, but for me wasnt as good as BP and an oil free chemical moisturizer. Healing 'seemed' better with naturals, but I was never 100% clear and had some bad breakouts. Breakouts with BP are tiny and under control fast.