Does Sweating Cause Acne??

Does Sweating Cause Acne ??  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Does Sweating Cause Acne?

• Yes
    • No

hey does sweating exacerbate acne?

"Does sweating affect acne?

Yes. Up to 15 % of sufferers find their acne flares up when they have been sweating a lot. This is probably due to water swelling the partial hair duct obstruction causing a complete blockage and therefore inflammation."

dis wat i heard!!!

Based on what I've read, the act of sweating doesn't cause acne. However, the bacteria that grows in sweat can. If you take a shower before any can grow, you're fine, if it sits around on you, it can cause acne.

rite buddy !!!.. if we dunt wash the body properly, sply the face part (dats propbably in case we sweat) its mite lead to increase of dirt in the pores.. nd all know dat blocked pores result in an acne...

Edited by odessy

From my personal knowledge sweating does cause acne IF you do not clean it off. Thats why when you excercise it's recommended that you immediately wash off when you are done. :)

hey does sweating exacerbate acne?

"Does sweating affect acne?

Yes. Up to 15 % of sufferers find their acne flares up when they have been sweating a lot. This is probably due to water swelling the partial hair duct obstruction causing a complete blockage and therefore inflammation."

dis wat i heard!!!

There is a condition called tropical acne, which occurs in humid countries.

So sweat is like placing the skin in humid conditions, plus when sweating the skin is red and puffy. Especially true when doing aerobic activity. To combat acne cleanse face before workout and after, also carry an ice bag for face.

From my personal knowledge sweating does cause acne IF you do not clean it off. Thats why when you excercise it's recommended that you immediately wash off when you are done. :)

Yeah, especially if you wear a sports bra. I won't work out in anything else but they absorb the sweat and hold it right against the spot on my back where I break out worst anyways, and against your chest. I have to shower and exfoliate my back as soon as I get back from the gym or else I get acne all over my back and chest.

Yeah, especially if you wear a sports bra. I won't work out in anything else but they absorb the sweat and hold it right against the spot on my back where I break out worst anyways, and against your chest. I have to shower and exfoliate my back as soon as I get back from the gym or else I get acne all over my back and chest.

hey for try applying some talc containing chlorphenesin and zinc oxide on the back before wearing the sports bra.. this will reduce the sweat ..