Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roopoo

just plain nasty

why is my skin just horrible??

ive been on the regimen over a month...and have been totally cleared from acne since week 1..but now my skin is HORRIBLE!!

its blotchy and red...particularly when im hot or cold..it goes redish/greyish, mostly around my mouth.its just gross..if i leave it, it gets dry and peels, and when i moisturise it balls into greyish lumps, and make smy skin super red.

whyyyyy???

why is my skin just horrible??

ive been on the regimen over a month...and have been totally cleared from acne since week 1..but now my skin is HORRIBLE!!

its blotchy and red...particularly when im hot or cold..it goes redish/greyish, mostly around my mouth.its just gross..if i leave it, it gets dry and peels, and when i moisturise it balls into greyish lumps, and make smy skin super red.

whyyyyy???

The grey clumps you mention are clumps if dead skin I believe. When I first began that happened to me to. Do you use Eucerin Skin renewal lotion? It would really help, but be warned . . . when your skin is in that condition it will burn like a bitch i guess. If you want somehting that I think it the most amazing creme in history go for the Alpha Hydrox souffle. It has 12% glycolic acid in it and I use it every night. I dont know how it will feel on your skin . . . but it will help with your problems. Use it at night under your bp. Dont worry about it affecting the regimen because Dan even uses a product by the same company but I think they disconinued that line and this is the replacement stuff. It works so great. And it is so moisturizing too although I still put on moisturizer after that and the bp and my skin never gets dry anymore.

I recently had the same problem... then I stopped using benz and my skin was reduced in redness and I still dont have acne..

I guess ill be the human guinea pig and see if it works for awhile... :wall:

heh :cool:

The grey clumps you mention are clumps if dead skin I believe. When I first began that happened to me to. Do you use Eucerin Skin renewal lotion? It would really help, but be warned . . . when your skin is in that condition it will burn like a bitch i guess. If you want somehting that I think it the most amazing creme in history go for the Alpha Hydrox souffle. It has 12% glycolic acid in it and I use it every night. I dont know how it will feel on your skin . . . but it will help with your problems. Use it at night under your bp. Dont worry about it affecting the regimen because Dan even uses a product by the same company but I think they disconinued that line and this is the replacement stuff. It works so great. And it is so moisturizing too although I still put on moisturizer after that and the bp and my skin never gets dry anymore.

i live in the uk, and havent yet found this eucerin skin renewal stuff..im not exactly sure what im looking for.and where can i find the alpha hydrox souffle please?

I think it would be best to take a day or two off from using BP. This is what I've done when my skin got too dry or flakey. I'd just wash and put on moisturizer until things got back to normal. You might also want to cut down on the amount of BP you are using. I personally don't need as much BP as Dan recommends. I just use a thin layer and that works.