Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
falcon26

Using a Needle to pop a Cyst, can it be done?

I have a cyst on my chin. It looks and feels huge. Like its got tons of pus in it. Can I use a needle to pop it or release some pressure for it? I would soak the needle in hydrogen peroxide. Has anyone done this before. I really don't want to goto work with this huge thing on my chin :D(

Thanks, Karl

I would just leave it, the chances are you will make it 10x worse and more than likely scar.

Go to work with it man, after one glance no1 will even think about it again.

-Take it easy

I have used needles alot on cysts. and they have left alot of scars, but better then a big ass bump. So you just have to ask yourself, scar or big pus bag on face? [-o<

NO!!!! + 1000 more exclamation points.

Do not try to "pop" a cyst. The only thing that should ever be popped is a pimple that is obviously white and ready to release its contents.

If you attempt to pop a cyst you will likely cause it to rupture further into the skin, possibly causing several extra months of infection. You could also worsen scarring considerably.

Absolutely, positively, emphatically, do not pop it. If it's killin' you go see your dermatologist who will have ways to get rid of it quickly.

-Dan

Dan is definately right. Popping a cyst to me is a crime.....Don't ever do so......It would result in more acne.......and more scars.......I suggest you to follow the regimen and you will see a definate improvement and I did :)

If you have any questiopns, do not hesitate to ask me!!

-Amar Flora

Well I decided not to try and pop it. I have put honey on it :)) I would like to see how that works. Alot of people are these boards hve said honey works well on cysts, so I guess I'll see. I'm also on tetracycline 500mg. What's funny is I have had acne on and off since I was a teenager. And not once did I get a cyst, not once. I turned 30 last year and I have gotten about 6 since then, go figure :-( I'm beginning to wonder if it might be caused by my migraine medicine. Seems like everytime I take a midrin for my migraines a few days later I have a cyst. Oh well I am really interested in how this honey does, I have only had it on for a few hours, I came changing it about every 30 minutes or so. Thanks for the advice.

Karl