Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardwarp

tea tree oil?

just curious....just got back from vacation....I thought I would try the spa...avena spa I think....I was getting a massage for the first time...and the lady noticed my face and suggested using tea tree oil on my face....an idea's or anyone know anything about this...work or not work...or no idea?

thanks for the help,

Aaron

Tea Tree Oil(s):: Tea Tree Oil is a widely used disinfectant and antiseptic that kills fungus and a broad range of bacteria, including the acne bacteria. The active substances in tea tree oil are terpenes. Tea tree oil speeds the healing of minor cuts and scrapes. It is good for all kinds of infections, including athlete's foot and fungal infections of the toenails and fingernails that are resistant to antibiotics. I found out that there was a study done showing that a 5% solution of tea tree oil applied to acne was as effective as benzoyl peroxide, with fewer side effects. When using Tea Tree Oil use it in froms of gels or lotions. Using it in 100% concentrations makes your skin greasy and promotes more oil production, which can lead to more breakouts. Try gel formulations in 5-10% concentrations.

~Nikki~

hey thanks for the information.....has anyone tried this yet? Any good results...I am trying to resolve this acne thing as naturaly as possible....less abrassive I think the better...any thoughts?

Aaron

I'm on what you call the "all Tea Tree Oil" regimen.

I use TT oil liquid Soap as my cleanser.

I then use TT oil Lotion as my moustrizer.

Be careful though if you do use 100% Tea Tree Oil. I would use a 15-20% solution as some sort of toner.

I tryed the soap, the "toner", and the moustrizer one time in a 3 step process and my face was way too oily.

Just experiment.

I took this route because I didnt have time for dan's regimen.

It seems to working. Ive been on it since May and ive had minimal breakouts.

If I were you i'd use the TT oil soap, and interchange between TT oil lotion and nothing else, and 100% TT oil and regular o'l lotion.

Using too much TT oil can make you really oily as it did for me.