Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ever heard of that? I do it for the heck of it I got nothing to lose. it does stop it from going to a head but sometimes u still get a lil bump. i think the sooner u do it and the more u do it the better the result. .but i havent experienced much on it yet... but i think it only works on them huge ass zits.

I just had a big pimple last night and I put ice on it for a few minutes. It seemed to reduce the inflammation. It formed a head over night and after I popped it this morning, I reapplied ice. It really seemed to help with the swelling. I might use ice more frequently now.

Guest james11

Yeah it would reduce the inflammation. The only problem with that is the body's inflammatory response triggers regeneration of the skin. It's a process.

I do it. If nothing else, it makes a big on emore comfortable for a while and for me it is a way not to pick bc I still feel like I'm actively doing something. I've also heard that applying topicals to cold skin can enhance penetration (that's in some famous derm's book).

I tried that when I felt a big pimple coming because it's supposed to bring down the swelling, but it didn't really help.