Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've head conflicting things about using an AHA moisturizer while on accutane. My skin is starting to become flaky and I was wondering if anyone here could share their experiences/thoughts on the subject.

I wouldn't want to irritate my skin too much but I don't want the weird dry patches on my skin either! Thanks in advance.

i am on accutane and using Eucerin Renewal moisturizer which is an AHA. i don't know if it is making me drier than i would be if i didn't use it because i haven't used any other moisturizer while on accutane so i have no controlled variable. i'm thinking maybe i will try the neutrogenia oil-free moisturizer for a bit.

How bad is your dryness? Mine is getting pretty bad now. Flakes and the works. ](*,)

it's not that bad. sometimes my face is real tight and it gets real rough. i then shave and wash my face with cetaphil and put moisturizer on it and it balances it and it feels smoother. i have been getting a little bit of peeling on my chin, but it's not severe. it's surprising, cause my family has a history of dry skin, and it's not doing too much to me now as i thought it would. only problem is if i am in water and don't moisturize as soon as i get out, my face gets all tight and dry and moisturizer doesn't work to make it less rough.