Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*Stefy*

Stefy's Roaccutan Log

Day 4

Ok, this is just for keeping my progress (I hope so..) and just see how it goes....

Well, on Monday I had my appointment with the derm and she gave me Roaccutan...I was so excited and I'm still, actually....my dose is actually pretty low...just 20mgs daily, and is I don't suffer too much from the side effects she will up me to 30 mgs daily....

Just a bit of background: I'm a 18 year old girl who lives in Italy (so, forgive me for my english...lol :D )

Last year I got a breakout, and before I never had got anything (just a pimple every month...or something like that...)...so I began using the L'oreal Pure Zone stuff and I cleared....at the beginning of the summer my acne started to come back and this time it wasn't a breakout...it kept coming...so I've been to the derm, but nothing worked, so now she has given me roaccutan....

My acne is moderate at the moment because since I've started the treatment it has been going a little worst...

So far, I haven't experienced any side effects, just some headaches yesterday and the day before....and I actually have also had some breakout, like I said before, where I hadn't broken out in some time, and the pimples are a bit bigger, so I'm actually scared about it....

No dry lips, no dry skin...so that's good, I just worry about the initial breakout.....and nosebleeds, since I'm anemic...

Bad news...today I picked at a zit, it was ready, but nothing came out and I picked again and again...now it hurts so much and it's very red...I know I'm sooooo stupid... :( I know I shouldn't have, but it's so hard... :hand:

What I'm using now:

Blistex / Labello Med for the lips

Nivea Moisturizer if my face feels a bit dry

Nivea Young cleanser

Dove Silk Moisturizing Body Cleanser

Hey Stefy! I didnt forget about you, Im in the process of applying to university!

Glad to see you're on tane, I dont think you had it last time we talked?

Keep in touch, good luck!!!!

Vanessa ;)

Hi Vanessa,

I'm glad to hear you again! How are you?

I didn't forget about you neither, it's just that my connection on internet now it's difficult so I can't come here as much as I used to....

No, I wasn't on Roaccutan last time we talked...this is just my 5th day...so excited, and scared....

Well, let's hope this will be the cure....

Take care,

Stefy

Day 5

Well, my face sucks at the moment...I think it is the initial breakout, even if I thought I wouldn't got it oln only 20 mgs daily...it's weird...but now I have like 10-12 pimples in my face...some healing and some not.

Forehead - clear

Left cheek - 3 pimples that are healing

Right cheek - 3 pimples, 1 nodule/cyst that's small, but hurts so much...

Chin - 3-4 pimples

I hope so much it will clear up soon, because the pimples hurts much more than when I wasn't on 'tane...

I'm trying to stay strong, anyway, because I know that this will be worth it at the end....

Stefy

Glad to hear things arent too bad, its all manageable really.

Keep us all updated tho stefy.

Good luck, Ill be checking back even though my course is finished now.

Vanessa ;)

Thanks so much for your support, Vanessa! I do need it, and I really appreciate it :angel:

Day 6

Well, it's true that it is not too bad, but at the moment is really purging all the shit out....I got 2 whiteheads last night, which I popped, 2 pimples in my forehead, but don't mind since they are on my hairline and can't be seen, and other 3 pimples are forming...and they are pretty big....I'm so scared of going out with this face, and that it could be also go worst...and I'm only taking 20 mg....

No side effects at the moment, so at least this is good

Day 7

Ok, this is really the initial breakout...every day I'm getting 2-3 new pimples....it's so furstrating...no dry lips, no dry skin, and no headache or anything....

My skin is a bit inflammed, and as I said before, it seems like it never stops breaking out and it never get back to normal...

Trying to stay strong as always, as I know this will all be worth the initial breakout at the end....

Day 8 and 9

The breakout seems to have lessened a bit, but I guess tomorrow I'll breakout....damn it, but it's my fault because today I've picked at a bleakhead, and I guess tomorrow will turn up inflammed...

Tomorrow my economy teacher will test me...I'm horrified....god I just hope I'll do it well...

Nothing new about side effects and such.

Forehead - clear

Right cheek - 4 pimples (2 are healing)

Left cheek - clear (just a little pimple which is healing)

Chin - 2-3 whiteheads and a pimple which is coming up I think....

That's it...hope it lasts...and maybe get's better... :angel::D

Stefy :angel:

Day 10

Well, I've just washed my make up off, and I noticed that 2 pimples are surfacing (this morning when I put make up on they were not there...lol), but I'm glad I'm not breaking out on my high cheeks (cheekbones) because I HATE it....they are sooooo visible....

Today I've also ran out of my Colorstay make up...and I can't go to the shop...I've left some Ideal Balance from L'Oreal....and I hope the color won't be too dark for my skin...

So, pimples I had last days are healing, besides from 2 that don't want to go away....it seems like I got 1-2 pimples a day, at the moment....

Skin situation:

Forehead - 1 pimple and another 1 which is coming up

Right cheek - 1 pimple that's healing

Left cheek - 2 pretty big zits, 2-3 whiteheads

Chin - 3 whiteheads and 1 zit

I know that now it doesn't seem bad, but my skin texture is awful, really....I've got loads of red marks, and blackheads....not to mention that on my cheekbones I've got loads of skin-coloured bumps that can be seen, and bother me....I've got them this summer, and bofore they where many more all under the skin, but could be seen under make up...now the mayor part is vanished (THANK GOD) but on my right cheek the ones left are visible because they have got a bit bigger, andusually turn into pimples...

well, hope everything will go fine tomorrow....

Stefy :angel:

You're right!!! I know, but it's hard.... :D

You've changed nickname!! was that because people said your name was rosie?! :D:angel: I like that...well, I like your name, btw ;) I've a friend in Italy who's name is Vanessa :D

Day 11

I went shop my color stay because I don't like the ideal balance about the fact that it doen't last as long as the colorstay.....

Well, my lips are getting really dry, and even with chapstick on....I got other 2 whiteheads and 1 new pimple....

Stefy

Oh I haven't replied for so much time!!! I've been so busy with the school this past 2 weeks that I thought I would freak out....

Anyway I saw my derm on Monday, and she upped me to 30 mg daily, but I've got the pills only today...so I've done exactly 15 days on 20 mgs and from now on, I will go with 30 mg....if I don't have problems, of course :D

So, nothing new to report...the breakouts haven't stopped, and I can't say when they will, and this is frustrating, but the situation is getting a bit better...

My big fear is that today I will take also the 10 mg pill with the 20 one, and I fera so much another breakout....I hope so much it doesn't happen...

My lips are soooo dry that I have to put chapstick on at least every 30-40 min....crazy, really...and I'm only on 20 mg....so, my lips are going to get even drier....good...lol

Forehead - 1 papule (nothing else beside some bleakheads...no red marks...love it)

Right cheek - 4-5 pimples (zits and some whiteheads...loads of red marks and clogged pores)

Left cheek - 1 zit and some that are healing (loads of red marks and some bleakheads)

Chin - 3-4 pimples (whiteheads, not zits....bleaheads and red marks)

That's it.....this are my first 2 weeks...and I cannot expect many chages, I know...I keep hope :angel:

Stefy

Day 21

My God, can't believe already 3 weeks are passed!!!! I really can't believe it...

Anyway, nothing has really changed...my skin is always breaking out, my lips are so dry I have to put lipbalm on at least every hour or so, and yesterday has begun olso the dryness inside the nose...

Forehead - 1 papule, pretty big actually and 2 pimples healing

Right Cheek - 3 whiteheads and some healing

Left Cheek - 3 whiteheads and 3 pimple healing

Chin - clear

Two days ago I noticed that the bleakheads in my nose are more then when I've begun the treatment, I have developped many bleakheads in my chin and before I haven't had one, and even more bleakhead under my eyes, where my cheeks begin (near my nose).

I don't know what to do about them....and today another problem has come up...I can't wash my make up off....even if I wash my face 3 times with a good cleanser...that's because I'm wearing Revlon Colorstay and it's so hard to remove.....

Hey Stefy!

The blackheads you're noticing will probably all go away sooner than later. I've taken accutane before and the same thing happened to me. One day about 3 weeks into my course I noticed a whole bunch of blackheads when I never really had a problem with them before. And then the next thing I knew they were completely gone... leaving nice looking skin behind. Lots of ppl go through the same thing.

Oh, and for dry lips I reccomend using Vaseline. Just smear it on before you go to bed and you'll wake up with moist lips. Of course they dry up during the day but it does help a lot.

Well best of luck with your Accutane treatment.

Thank you so much Boogie!!! I really appreciate your reply, and it made me happy since I hate those bleakheads that are so visible...thanks really much and I hope they will get away soon, as you told me :angel::D

So, were you clear after your tane treatment?

Day 26

As I said the previous time, my nose, chin and upper cheeks are full of bleakheads, this is annoying me so much, but they will go away, as Boogie told me :angel:

I have broken out so much on my chin....like 6 zits when before I really didn't have nothing...I guess it could be because I got my periode, or because I started drinking milk again...I don't know it just freak me out, but I'll try to stay as clam as I can. But I can't leave them alone, omg I feel the need to pop them because I can't go to school looking like that, and I know I shouldn't....

I have broken out also on my left cheek, but where I hadn't broken out for much time.

So, just to summerize:

Forehead - clear apart from 1 very small zit

Right cheek - 1 active pimple and 4 that are healing ( loads of red marks and pretty bad complexion)

Left cheek - 3 zits come to a head and 2 that are healing

Chin - 5 pimples that are healing

Day 30

Oh My God! It's already day 30, a month is passed, I can't believe it....

Well, the situation is pretty good now...I've noticed that the complextion of the skin has improved pretty much so I'm very happy about it...don'0t have much time at the moment, I'll come later to continue ;)

good good, so you're happy stefy?

Day 32

Yes, I was very happy the day I wrote that...well just 2 days have passed, and I broke out like mad....I don't know why...

Actually 2-3 pimples are only my fault because I've picked at some bleakheads (they were giant) and they turned into pimples :(:cry: .....but the others aren't my fault I don't know what has happened...really my face is all irritated and red and full of pimples...well, not full full, but it was some time that my face wasn't so bad....and it was going all so well...

Anyway, I really appreciated your reply, Vanessa...do come here again, it makes me happy and in a good mood talking to my friends :angel:;)

I hope everything is ok for you ;)

take care,

Stefy

Day 37

Well, the breakout I had talked about has lessened a bit, but I have noticed that when I get pimples, they are redder and they hurt so much....

I do think is because of the accutane, but I'm so tired of it...this is my 37th day...shouldn't have it subsided by now?? I mean my acne is not that severe...I'd get a cyst in a months...but well, like a zit or maybe two everyday...but I'm not coverde in zits, in fact my forehead is always clear....in fact I got it on my cheeks the most, but even if I get a pimple or two a day, every day one or two pop by themselves...or I do..lol

The bleakhead I had talked about some weeks ago, have gone all...I'm happy about that, but the ones I had before the treatment, stay absolutly there....

The side effects are really dry lips, sometimes so dryness on the nose, and pretty bad back pain...I really suffer from it...it's killing me...

Two days ago I had gym lesson at school, and he asked us to run...from the first stae, I felt my back was hurting so bad.....it's like 3 weeks that I'm suffering from it....

Forehead - 1 very tiny papule and 1 healing zit

Right cheek - 2 zits that have developped a whitehead (but I won't pop), 3 pimples healing.

Left cheek - 1 tiny papule, 1 zit popping up, 1 little whitehead.

Chin - I always break out here...don't know why, I've never broken out...anyway, 4 whiteheads and some healing. 1 zit coming up.

Day 39

Well, my skin is going well, at least it has for the past 2-3 days.....

The pimples I had, are now healing and I like it. The complexion of my skin has improved so much since I started the treatment, in fact as I said at the beginning, I had LOADS of tiny little bumps under the skin, that could be felt by pressing gently on my upper cheeks, and it was so bad, because they were so visible under the make-up. Now I'm happy to say that I don't even have one of those under my skin....I continue to break out, but at least I don't have those ugly things.

Tonight I'm going out with some friends for a pizza, after 1 month I hadn't, of course because of my skin...but today I feel a bit better, and even if I'm not so sure I want to go (because of social anxiety) I kinda have to go....for me and for my friends, that is a months I don't see and I have not more exuses not to go....lol...I hope everything tonight will be fine, and fun... :angel::D

Stefy

Day 41

So, as I told you before, saturday evening I went out with my friends....and it all went very good...I had fun and the evening was really nice, and I was so happy with my skin, and yesterday too.

Toaday I can see it has worsened a bit (2 new papules coming up and 3-4 whiteheads popped up...these really hurt).

I've just had my appointment with the derm....it went well, and she gave me so many samples....she did not say that my face was improved, in fact I was wearing make-up, and you can't see even if it did...she said that from the 1st month on, I will improve...so that's my time...but I'm going on picking and touching my skin (trying to get those bleakheads out) and I irritate it, causing breaks out.....

She asked me if I was experiencing side effects and I said yes, such as dry lips and some back pain and muscle pain....she asked also if I had experienced changes in my mood, and I actually have...I'm so much more irritable (if that's a word) and I feel my mood changing from being normal to low or too high....it's wierd, but if it will work, I am ready for anything.

Day 48

The past days I haven't updated I was doing pretty well....now of course I'm breaking out again...I really don't understand why. I thought it happened because in these days I haven't eaten healthy at all, or maybe because it seems that with the pill, I break out during my period (which I got 2 days ago)....

I don't know, I was so happy with my left cheeck (always the most clear).. I only have 2 little pimples and some bleackhead (loads of red marks, but those are everywhere)...

I broke out pretty bad on my chin too, and the cyst/nodule I had under the skin on my right cheek seems to be coming out, in fact it hurts so much...even the most little whitehead hurts like hell....don't know what to do now...

I'm trying not to pick too much, only if I have to go out and have a big whitehead, but since in these days I'll be home, I'll try not to....

Forehead - 1 zit

Right cheek - 1nodule coming up, 2 zits and 1 healing

Left cheek - 3 pimples healing, 1 active zit

Chin - 4-5 whiteheads/papules coming up and 2-3 healing

Day 48

The past days I haven't updated I was doing pretty well....now of course I'm breaking out again...I really don't understand why. I thought it happened because in these days I haven't eaten healthy at all, or maybe because it seems that with the pill, I break out during my period (which I got 2 days ago)....

I don't know, I was so happy with my left cheeck (always the most clear).. I only have 2 little pimples and some bleackhead (loads of red marks, but those are everywhere)...

I broke out pretty bad on my chin too, and the cyst/nodule I had under the skin on my right cheek seems to be coming out, in fact it hurts so much...even the most little whitehead hurts like hell....don't know what to do now...

I'm trying not to pick too much, only if I have to go out and have a big whitehead, but since in these days I'll be home, I'll try not to....

Forehead - 1 zit

Right cheek - 1nodule coming up, 2 zits and 1 healing

Left cheek - 3 pimples healing, 1 active zit

Chin - 4-5 whiteheads/papules coming up and 2-3 healing

hiya

ive been following your log, sorry should have posted sooner! how are things going for you now? i hope your breakouts have calmed down!

keep strong though and just think how awesome your skin is going to look when you've finished! it'll al be worth it.

take care

oh and stop picking! lol