Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who can tell me the proactiv product active ingredients i know the cleanser and the lotion has bp but what strength? and the toner has glycolic acid i guess what products can u find that in? wheres s.a.? what other ingredients do i not know about? i only ask all these questions becuz it seems like it works so good but i know for $40 its a rip off and it has the same ingredients i can find in the store for about $20. anybody know?

i am pretty sure the BP concentration is 2.5% cause this is what they used to boast about in the infomercial, talking about how conventional 10% BP is too harsh, proactive has lower concentrations that work better.

as for the glycolic acid, i believe it is an alpha-hydroxy acid. similar to SA which is beta-hydroxy acid.

it's my opinion that you can pretty much assemble this much cheaper from store bought products.. you'd just have to find out what each step is. i'd check the website, i think it releases some details.

also i think proactive contains 4% deer semen. you would probably have to obtain this manually though.. i don't think you can buy it in stores.

holy sh!t deer semen? seriously? u just made me spit out my water lol what do u mean obtain it manually? u want me to go jack a deer??? 8-[ ill start out with my own :-P do you know of any 2.5% bp lotions? and i heard about some big one that can be prescribed maybe its cheaper than that stupid neutrogena on the spot treatment (sorry i hate neutrogena) right now i use a 5% cream that has aloe vera and allantoin but its still pretty harsh and i hate using moisturizers. i have a salicylic acid moisturizing lotion from clearasil but i want a bp lotion

yoz pple...

WAT deer semen..... TOTAL NONSENSE !!! i was a Proactiv user for abt 1 and half yrs and i muz admit tat it helped mi alot and my condition improve significantly ...

the oni -ve point abt proactiv is that it doesn't really improve my skin's texture and tone, and the refining mask ( which is a free gift in proactiv set ) is a good on-the-spot treatment BUT ....if used too much will cos areas of face uneven tone due to sulphur content...

overall proactiv is a good product ( but quite ex $$$ ) rate 4 stars out of five.

cheers

piggy_balls

:)/ woohoo i found sumthin! its called klear action and on the website it lists all proactiv ingredients and it has the same stuff for only $20 i think i might buy it cuz itll be a lot easier haha proactiv sux :- see i knew they were rippin me off---- goto klearaction.com

i dont know where i could find deer semen but if i did i wouldnt want it anywhere near me! but the cost ends up bein $27 with shipping so maybe ill still try to find the same stuff at walmart. but my acne has mostly cleared up already i just have those spots that get left behind for a while. ive been using clearasil 3in1 that has s.a. and microbeads (harsh i know) in the morning and at night and then i use clearasil pore cleansing pads that have alcohol and s.a. and the pads are rough (even harsher) then i use nature's cure 5% bp at night (i also take the natures cure pills). in the morning i just use the wash and if my face is a little flaky, then i use clearasil acne fighting moisturizer (2%s.a.). i do have this one whitehead in between my eyebrows i heard sumthin bout lemon juice? i dont wanna pop it! hopefully i get a reply before i go to bed (in bout an hour)

omg u people must be poor to not buy Proactiv, i mean would u rather stay ugly than rather buying Proactiv??? =; =; =; no right, i mean, guys seriously, money doesn't matter when it comes to treating ur self especially to feel better among others. but expensive???? no way, i bought the Mask, the SPF15 lotion, and the Oil Control, i mean Expensive that?? no no no, well my parents don't have a bad job, i don't know about some of you, but i really urge u to try Proactiv, it really does work i give it a 10/10 just for being perfect, forget about those store products, when i was younger i tried NOUTREGENA, ALCOHOL, NOXZEMA, CETHAPHYL, CONCHANACAR, OXY, CLEARASIL, MARYKAY, CLEARSKIN and so on............ omg i totally fuk** up my face in 2 years. #-o #-o #-o #-o im serious, i was so desperate to cure my pimples that i tried all the products that u could ever imagine, but naww not even the dermatologist managed to cure me, i also had my face all peeled off by itself, it was nasty guys, my whole face was peeling off by itself because i burned my face with all those stup** over the counter products, i have watched and watched the PROACTIV commercials like 3 months ago, i would say, "hmm i don't think this would work on me, i have tried everything and i don't think this would cure me" after thinking and thinking i decided to give it a try, and omg im the happiest boy in the world now, now im going to buy the SPOT REMOVAL SYSTEM FROM PROACTIV, just to remove this spots, but my acne is gone, but for those of you saying that Proactiv doesn't work then you are wrong because you haven't used it the right way, its day and night everyday and never miss a day ok, if you then you are fuk** up, plus 8 glasses of water, and exercise and forget about the stress, thats what i did when i got proactiv, now i have a different routine........oops it seems i wrote to much huh ? lol :evil:# :D# :D#

it's really great that proactiv has worked so well for you. i'm glad for you. the only reason i've never tried proactiv is that i've heard it works really well for a month or two, and then it just stops working. i've heard this over and over.. so i'm a little suspect about it.

omg u people must be poor to not buy Proactiv, i mean would u rather stay ugly than rather buying Proactiv???
its a ripoff to buy proactiv when klear action has the same ingredients and has more fluid ounces (in the toner) and like tableforone was saying ur basically paying for the infomercials you see running all the time... plus u dont have to join some stupid club that is a hassle if u wanna cancel. and calling us ugly must just show that u've prolly never even had acne... hmmmm :-k maybe ur vanessa williams :evil:

just found out more good news! i saw klear action on walgreens.com and i called my local walgreens and asked if they sold it in the store and they do! (too bad i already ordered mine online) so far i havent seen proactiv in stores..... so check it out- walhreens- same price (19.99+tax) - no shipping! no waiting!