Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Feiph

Accutane and oily skin?

The first month I took accutane my skin was just a bit dry. Last month it was normal. But now my skin is starting to become oily in the T-zone (nose and forehead). I thought accutane was suppose to make my skin really dry? I'm wondering if it's becoming less effective cause I've also gained 20 lbs in the past 2 months, so I'm at 170 now and on 40 mg. Or it might just be the hot summer weather.... however I'm always indoors..

Any ideas? Should I ask my doctor to up the dosage or anyone know of any over the counter products I could use? I'm getting sick of seeing my reflection in my forehead...

You should tell your doctor about your weight gain. Accutane is prescribed by a ratio of mg to kg. An extra 20 lbs could correspond to approximately 10 mg more or so of accutane a day.

I'm not sure if it matters all that much though on a day to day basis, your doc might just prolong your treatment period. In the end, I think the efficacy of accutane is dependent upon how many mg you took total and not how much you took per day. Of course, I'm not a doctor so take what I've said with a grain of salt.

yea my doctor said the same thing about the kg to mg. im im 150 pounds and im taking 65 mg (60 one day 70 the next and so on). so yea you should probably ask for some more.