Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
S2000

Fear that i can't take accutane :(

I have severe acnes but recently since im getting older , 20 year old. My acnes started to cool down but i still get active acnes EVERYDAY, here and there , my face is full of marks included some red and a lot of brown marks, my face is disgusting and VERY oil in a few hoursafter i wash my face. Right now , my face has some tiny white heads around my mouth, some red marks on my forehead.

It looked good right now, good mean better than normal but its still disgusting. I really wanna get on accutane and get rid of my acnes + oily skin once and for all but i fear that my skin conditions right now, the derm might not prescript me. I got an appointment and should i leave my face really oily before the visit ??

Yeah, make it oily and tell him/her about how bad it makes you feel. If that doesnt help, switch a derm. I did it and it worked, I got the tane from someone else.

I have been going to my derm for a while, and she says that its not the severity of the acne that gets you accutane, its the persistance of the acne against other perscriptions. She told me if this medication (the second one) I am not taking dosn't work, then she wants to put me on accutane..

I have been going to my derm for a while, and she says that its not the severity of the acne that gets you accutane, its the persistance of the acne against other perscriptions. She told me if this medication (the second one) I am not taking dosn't work, then she wants to put me on accutane..

well i tried everything and they didnt work, my face is so oily and ugh, acnes just killed my social life for 5 years straight. i dont know what would be better than that ..........

well i tried everything and they didnt work, my face is so oily and ugh, acnes just killed my social life for 5 years straight. i dont know what would be better than that ..........

If the derm ever offers you accutane take it.

just about everything doesn't work at all. Accutane will work. The side effects aren't that bad. i was on it for about 4 months. Sure, your skin gets flaky. Just use a good moisturiser, E45 Cream is the best. The only other effect i got was dry lips. This is the worst thing. Nothing worked in my case to sort it out. Still, it didn't bother me that much.

All this, dry eyes, sore joints stuff didn't happen to me and all this side effects stuff is horibley blown up.

Yeah just tell your derm you want accutane, and tell her youve tried everything you could get your hands on, and tell her how depressing life is with acne, etc. And hopefully she'll put you on..

My derm rocks, walk in.

"hello, what can i do for you today"

"i want to go on acctuane"

"okay, first you need a bloodtest then if all is good then you come back in a week and get your presecription"

"bye"

"bye"

:) Goodluck.

Edited by Blissard

Yeah just tell your derm you want accutane, and tell her youve tried everything you could get your hands on, and tell her how depressing life is with acne, etc. And hopefully she'll put you on..

My derm rocks, walk in.

"hello, what can i do for you today"

"i want to go on acctuane"

"okay, first you need a bloodtest then if all is good then you come back in a week and get your presecription"

"bye"

"bye"

:) Goodluck.

wow, that was easy. I mean my skin improved a lot but i know that it will come back, i've reading so much side effects of accutane but this might be the only thing that will take my oily away and hopefully , my damn stubborn acnes. I will try to leave my face the ugliest and "oilyest" lolz

People don't suffer from all those side effects, there nothing really. 6 months of dry skin, dry lips for a more confident and happy you! Well worth it IMO.

People don't suffer from all those side effects, there nothing really. 6 months of dry skin, dry lips for a more confident and happy you! Well worth it IMO.

I agree.