Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sullen girl

the regimen is killin me.. aAAH !! itchy redness galore !!

HEY people .. someone help me with this one- im following the regimen, and the day after i noticed SIGNIFICANT improvement.. i mean like the day right after. but all after that up until now, (ive been on it for a week) i have this rough ITCHY ASS skin, that looks sunburnt ... it itches like hell.. and the only thing that relieves it is vaseline.. it's like throwing water on the fire on my face.. but i know that stuff can clog pores.. i mean, i kinda expected this, but will it GO AWAY any time soon??? i tried oil free moisture but it works like crap.. i just wanna know if this is gonna go away or am i gonna hafta have clear skin but suffer with this crap forever? and is it ok that i skip it every couple of days and do it only at night cause of the unbearable itch and dryness?

please someone.. dan- tell me what ur experience was.. this is esp frustrating cause i work every day and wear makeup, but only a teeny bit..

Sullen girl-

I had the same experience as you. After about 4 days, my skin got all rough, red and sort of itchy. My only solution was to stop the bp until the redness and roughness went away (about 5 days). Then I started back on the bp only once a day. Then after a few days did it twice a day.

I think the twice a day thing doesn't work well for some people in the very beginning. It definitely did NOT for me. I suggest doing the first week once a day, then increasing.

I've been on the regimen for more than 2 months and my skin still can't handle a full dose of BP. Back off totally until your skin is cool again and then start with baby steps. Make sure its 2.5% BP too

thanks for the advice people.. ive been doing bp now for about 2 or 3 weeks and my skin is handling it a lot better.. im doing one pretty big dose every night cause i cant deal with it during the day cause my face feels gross with it and moisturizer on.. my skin is a lot clearer than it has been.. i havent had any huge painful ones in like 2 or 3 weeks and thats a DEFINITE plus for me ... :)/

saimiri- is your face clearing up yet?

I really don't know why my skin didn't get red or itchy, it happened with retin a micro and i mean it was horrible, i hated myself for a good 2 weeks, my chin area was peeling all sick.

But i started with bp and i started off right, and i noticed slight improvement but no redness or itching occured. So i started putting more and more and well none of it made me get red itchy ( it only stung a bit after i put it on)

Does this mean it's not working for me? or???...................................... cause i've been on it for a month and im still getting breakouts, not as much as before but i get'em anyway.

No - It doesn't mean anything. There was a guy who did a regimen log and his face cleared up 100% and his face was more or less immune to BP.

Albert Hoffman? That was the dude who created LSD. Maybe you should stay off the drugs, son....

Any suggestions for topical ointments or SOMETHING to help with the itching? Will something like aloe vera or vitamin E gel make things worse? I am ITCHING on day 2!!! I know that I need to back down to less BP, but what until I am back to "normal"?

Hi Melly. I OD'd on the BP and I'm sorry to say that I couldn't find anything to take the burning away. My face looked like a tomato for a week. Just DONT USE ANY MORE BP until your face returns to normal and moisturize. Thats it.

Well, that's what I figured, but I had to ask! I am doing a LOT of cold water splashing! :)

Hi Melly. I OD'd on the BP and I'm sorry to say that I couldn't find anything to take the burning away. My face looked like a tomato for a week. Just DONT USE ANY MORE BP until your face returns to normal and moisturize. Thats it.

My skin got red & itchy during the first week with BP. I used it morning and night. I just ignored it & kept going. My skin adjusted to it. Meanwhile, my zits were going away. By the time my skin adjusted (week 2), my face had cleared significantly. I never "ramped up" I just plowed right on in! I was using a good moisturizer, though.

I am certainly willing to put up with itching, if my skin will clear up! It's worse now than when I was a teen. Much worse!

My skin got red & itchy during the first week with BP.  I used it morning and night.  I just ignored it & kept going.  My skin adjusted to it.  Meanwhile, my zits were going away.  By the time my skin adjusted (week 2), my face had cleared significantly.  I never "ramped up"  I just plowed right on in!  I was using a good moisturizer, though.

tell me about it!!

i WAS uging BP on my back + stuff..

but it only made it worst cause i was itching like hell.. i even put mittens on to stop.. hehe, but it didn't work. i broke out from itching with my nails and stuff..

Albert Hoffman? That was the dude who created LSD. Maybe you should stay off the drugs, son....

no no no, never quit the drugs, drugs don't cause acne.

Drugs are very friendly at times and make me forget that i have acne and i go out and i enjoy my day. it's great.

But what's greater is that my face is clearing up now thanks to the regimen and now i wont need the drugs anymore, unless..........

i think BP could be remarketed as an authentic fake tan product - the results are the same - red burnt flaky skin. People might really believe you've been to Barbados when you really went to Blackpool (UK).