Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
missoxford

Anyone know what this is?

Hey!

I'm on roaccutane to get rid of these + acne.. The ones in the picture are some sort of cystic stuff... had these specific ones for more than a year!

Does anyone else have these? What are they, just normal cysts that are super -persistent, or something else? Should I get a cortisone injection or something in addition to tane?

would appreciate your opinions :think: [attachmentid=2577]

ps: sorry about the unclear picture, was the best i could do with my technical skills ;)

post-30352-1131727870_thumb.jpg

post-30352-1131727870_thumb.jpg

Hey!

I'm on roaccutane to get rid of these + acne.. The ones in the picture are some sort of cystic stuff... had these specific ones for more than a year!

Does anyone else have these? What are they, just normal cysts that are super -persistent, or something else? Should I get a cortisone injection or something in addition to tane?

ps: sorry about the unclear picture, was the best i could do with my technical skills ;)

ow =( they look like cysts no don't get anything while your on accutane like dermabrasions etc

your skin is VERY fragile and if you mess up ur skin too much itll scar you perm i think

just wait it out

Hey!

OUCH! Looks like it hurt. My fiend Megan has those all over her body. I don't know what disease it is called but it is a disease and you need to take medicine for it. Something like open sores that won't close..I would def. ask your derm.

Guest james11

Popped cysts. They look pretty fragile, i'd definately go straight to the derm and maybe even put some wound cream on them. Either way, keep them moist!

Definitely show those to your derm and explain how long they've been there, they don't look like they are healing right and they may need to be cleaned out.

I know! They're not healing at all... sometimes they actually calm down for a while, and close up, but then just come back worse.. But they're the reason I've been going to derms for THREE YEARS... i get them all over my body.. (but luckily not too many at a time. But these specific ones are extreme, they just won't go away) Phototherapy used to keep them under control, but my new derm didn't like the thought of long-term phototherapy and put me on accutane..

I showed them to my derm, and he looked at them pretty closely. But i don't know whether he understood that i meant literally more than a year ..

If they're boils, then I'm fairly sure that penicillin antibiotics are pretty good at clearing them up, otherwise they can spread. If you're on Roaccutane though, it may be best to wait till you finish that. Your derm should be able to determine whether they're cysts of boils

If they're boils, then I'm fairly sure that penicillin antibiotics are pretty good at clearing them up, otherwise they can spread. If you're on Roaccutane though, it may be best to wait till you finish that. Your derm should be able to determine whether they're cysts of boils

I wish... 5 courses of antibiotics... no effect.. they even put me on some sort of nasal ointment to kill staphs.. did not help.. The only thing that has helped at all is the phototherapy (light treatment)

keeping my fingers crossed that the derm thinks roaccutane is powerful enough to clear them :pray: