Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neuvo wavo

My girlfriend's Accutane ultimatum

I finally broke down and told my girlfriend that I'm a clear skin impostor. That the blemish free complexion she fell in love with was never really mine. My good skin was only on loan from Accutane, and now my remission is ending and my true greasy, pimply visage is about to be revealed.

I met my girlfriend last fall, right after I came off Accutane and my skin was flawless. She knows about my minor scars but I've always let her assume they were leftover from my teen years. She doesn't know the truth: that I got them at 25, right before I flipped out and started Accutane, a few months before we met.

Anyway, she was really shocked. And I could tell when I showed her some pictures of me before Accutane that there is no way this girl would ever have considered being with me if I had pimples. And I can't blame her. We're adults now, about to be 27. She doesn't want to reintroduce her pizza-faced boyfriend to her friends and colleagues.

She didn't say as much, but I could tell what she was thinking: If you start breaking out I'm gone.

why would you want to be around someone who leaves at the first sign of trouble? They are called fair weather friends....great when things are good.....otherwise completely useless!!

If she does leave you, she did you a favour.

Guest ***Mish Mosh***

How do you know what she was thinking?

Are you just imagining it?

lol she's just a normal person whos probly pretty hot. who would blame her for not wanted to go out with a guy with bad cane 90% of girls probly woudlen't ~if they were hot~ im not talking about 5s or 6s ~maybe 7s ~ just the way shit is no need to act like she's superfical because everyone is thats why i don't even try to get a g/f tell my acne is basically gone. im not talking about a few sars either thats diff than active acne. even some redmarks arent bad. its the active acne that is sucky unless its very minor.

Go on accutane. Even though she's a bitch you've managed to survive with her this long.

ROFL you are something else Avatar...

Dude, if your girlfriend just loves you for your clear face, dump her.

I personally won't stand being with someone who's that superficial.

wqtf locks that is not superfical lmao u guys are so dellusional. i guess u make yourself that way. wanting a g/f or b/f with a clear face is normal not superfical.

wqtf locks that is not superfical lmao u guys are so dellusional. i guess u make yourself that way. wanting a g/f or b/f with a clear face is normal not superfical.

geez. its NOT normal to dump someone for a medical condition. Especially if that someone is always trying to improve it.

Its called support...maybe you should try giving it instead of putting down people who NEED some right about now like the original poster.

Guest ***Mish Mosh***

true love is unconditional, no matter what.

Read what you wrote again and get back to me.

So what your saying is that no one with acne deserves to have a girlfriend/boyfriend, because everyone in the world just wants to date people with clear faces, right?

thats so stupid. i understand there needs to be an element of attraction in a relationship but if youve been going out with someone a long time surely they should love you and stick with you for your personality.

Its a lot to swallow, from any stand point. Same as if you said, when you stare in my eyes... well one of them is fake. Its just throwing something out there, and you making it sound like your going to be as bad as you were. Just should have said, I used to have acne, really was the worst times of my life, it may come back since I went on Accutane, but it should help clear me up again. I would say it in a non-distressing manner as well.

Guest james11

Firstly, whyme00 you are such a wanker. Secondly, i'd like to remind people that whyme00 claims to be a professional poker player who's pocketed 100's of thousands of dollars in prize money!

In regards to the original post, i'm really sorry to hear that your girlfriend is an uptight bitch.

Guest tenshigirl25

u said yourself, your adults. at 27 yrs old u shouldnt be worried about this anymore and want something real. i can understand the flip side of things, where its going to e complicated where u might gt acne again but what can u do? i think u should probably go and get a 2nd course now then b4 u start to break out, but do it for your sake. im sure your skin is only minor acne right now or soon and your living a lie if u think she will leave u because of that.

LoL his a poker player, i think his living a multi life, the last i heard he was a rich teenager??

well, she didn't say much, so don't try and read into that and make yourself crazy trying to figure out what she was thinking.

Don't stress this, you showed her the pics, she was probably a bit shocked, but who wouldn't be, I mean if someone I knew with clear skin suddenly showed me pics of their face totally broken out, I'd be surprised too.

Take care of yourself and your skin, you'll feel better that way, but don't try to play mind-reader with your girlfriend. If she is a shallow person, you've probably already figured that out by now, if you've been together that long.

geez. its NOT normal to dump someone for a medical condition.

Yes it is. I dump girls all the time because they get acne. I am the one that has to look at them and I don't want to have to look at acne...

Yes it is. I dump girls all the time because they get acne. I am the one that has to look at them and I don't want to have to look at acne...

:eh:

Guest james11

give her a good skull fucking and then kill her. its the only way out, trust me.

Yes listen to this guy! He names himself failure, he knows what's right! Trust him. :lol2:

geez. its NOT normal to dump someone for a medical condition.

Once again, your a COMPLETE idiot! And taking your cousins to dances and then leaving doesn't count as dumping girls, loser

my case was EXACTLY the opposite of yours ... about 2 years bak i met this girl, i had severe cystic acne ... not mild ... not moderate ... severe, and im stressing on this cuz it wasnt your usual pizza faced type thing :)

anyways, i met her, started goin out, started accutane after a month. she kept me goin through all these months...and then i was clear. i put it on her more then accutane. shes pretty inside and out. and thats right that true love is unconditional.

ive since left that girl for some complicated reasons. but i do believe there is noone whos gonna love me anywhere close as her, clear skin now or not.

as for your girl, noone has probably said it till now but ... you COULD be reading the wrong signals. sit her down and talk to her and know what she thinks before THINKING.

just my 2 cents.

Cheers

- Mani