Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone thought id just try and cheer you all up with my shitty life with acne. I've had acne since about sophmore year in high school and through the years ive had many ups and downs but for the most part it wasnt bad until college. In high school I used prescription BenzClin, neutrogena on the spot treatment and all sorts of other crap. Dan's regimen worked for about a year but now i think my skin is immune to it or something. I still use it however along with Carly's Clear and Smooth soap... if youve heard of it. I have backne, chest acne and pretty horrid face ance right now. This summer i started gettin those painful cycts on my chin which never happened before but a new one comes up like every 2 weeks and it sucks ass. I am a chronic popper 2 so i have a nice scar from one of them.... if i pop the crap it usually goes away in a few days rather than MONTHS and i cant stand having whiteheads or puss visible. I dont go to school at the moment but live in a college house with some buddies and avoid them almost all of the time. They always say they barely know i live here because I never party with them like i used to or drink or go anywhere to do anything. I sit on my computer hiding from everyone playing computer games. Before this year whenever i was clear i was very confident and did pretty well with the ladies. Now I am so insecure about my face I avoid all social functions as much as possible. I don't even like going home to visit my family because im embarrased of how i look and I never hang out with my old friends or girls I used to be intimate with. Two weeks ago i started taking b5 supplements... i take a combination of time release pills and the regular 500mg pills. So far i've seen no improvement and i have red marks all over my face and I am breaking out more (which may be it pushing existing acne to surface as said in studies.. fingers crossed). Acne is a curse from the devil himself it makes me feel like shit and its all i ever think about (running into my room after showers cause my face is extreemly bad after that and i dont want my friends seeing, keeping all the lights off, avoiding eye contact at all times, hiding my face, sitting in the bathroom at night when everyone else is sleeping looking at my face). I may not have the worst acne in the world... but for me it is destroying my life. Thanks for listening

Guest tenshigirl25

why dont u ask for accutane? could be the solution to everything

woah fast reply.... idk accutane doesnt sound like a permanent solution. Ive had friends whove used it and there faces got so dry and chapped it didnt look fun. Also that requires a prescription doesnt it?? I dont think its too good for your health.

One more thing to add.... next year im going to rent a small 1 person studio downtown so i can go to school, work and live in a cave for the next 3 years and hopefully by then when i have a career and all my acne will pass. Also I have always been real slow in maturing... im 20 now with no real facial hair so im sure my hormones are out of the roof right now.

Edited by SomeGuyDude

Guest tenshigirl25

im on accutane now. im 25. and yeah it isnt fun but it can be permananent or at least come back as mild and prevent furthr scarring to your face. my face is doing wonders now, i wouldnt trade it for those days crying in my room for hours.

Hey everyone thought id just try and cheer you all up with my shitty life with acne. I've had acne since about sophmore year in high school and through the years ive had many ups and downs but for the most part it wasnt bad until college. In high school I used prescription BenzClin, neutrogena on the spot treatment and all sorts of other crap. Dan's regimen worked for about a year but now i think my skin is immune to it or something. I still use it however along with Carly's Clear and Smooth soap... if youve heard of it. I have backne, chest acne and pretty horrid face ance right now. This summer i started gettin those painful cycts on my chin which never happened before but a new one comes up like every 2 weeks and it sucks ass. I am a chronic popper 2 so i have a nice scar from one of them.... if i pop the crap it usually goes away in a few days rather than MONTHS and i cant stand having whiteheads or puss visible. I dont go to school at the moment but live in a college house with some buddies and avoid them almost all of the time. They always say they barely know i live here because I never party with them like i used to or drink or go anywhere to do anything. I sit on my computer hiding from everyone playing computer games. Before this year whenever i was clear i was very confident and did pretty well with the ladies. Now I am so insecure about my face I avoid all social functions as much as possible. I don't even like going home to visit my family because im embarrased of how i look and I never hang out with my old friends or girls I used to be intimate with. Two weeks ago i started taking b5 supplements... i take a combination of time release pills and the regular 500mg pills. So far i've seen no improvement and i have red marks all over my face and I am breaking out more (which may be it pushing existing acne to surface as said in studies.. fingers crossed). Acne is a curse from the devil himself it makes me feel like shit and its all i ever think about (running into my room after showers cause my face is extreemly bad after that and i dont want my friends seeing, keeping all the lights off, avoiding eye contact at all times, hiding my face, sitting in the bathroom at night when everyone else is sleeping looking at my face). I may not have the worst acne in the world... but for me it is destroying my life. Thanks for listening

Acne's one tough SOB, I know how you feel man, I'm always avoiding social things, well pretty much everything to tell you the truth..... i'm obsessed with my scars and hyperpigmentation too, it sucks man I know trust me. At least you always have these forums to talk to people going through the same thing. All we can do is try our best to fit in with the people close to us, and learn to accept it, and keep living to see what's in the future for us. Thats my biggest goal in life right now truthfully. Well if you ever need support or a friend just email me man i'd be glad to talk or listen to anything you want to talk about.

i'm obsessed with my scars and hyperpigmentation too

You should be, because if you came across me I would sure as hell let you know about it and how much you looked like shit because of it. People with marks/spots/scars etc should be banned from going out in public.

You should be, because if you came across me I would sure as hell let you know about it and how much you looked like shit because of it. People with marks/spots/scars etc should be banned from going out in public.

They should be treated like human beings.

Human beings with acne.

ah night01....hows the one brain cell you got left doing in there for you? you idiot.

its an acne support board not your personal way to feel superior.

if you came across me I would sure as hell let you know about it and how much you looked like shit because of it. People with marks/spots/scars etc should be banned from going out in public.

ah night01....hows the one brain cell you got left doing in there for you? you idiot.

if you came across me I would sure as hell let you know about it and how much you looked like shit because of it. People with marks/spots/scars etc should be banned from going out in public.

if we are here to support others then what exactly others are here for?? :eh:

if we are here to support others then what exactly others are here for?? :eh:

got our backs lolz

Hi everyone. I'm 25 years old and just started getting cystic acne for the first time in my life. I've had so many cortisone injecctions lately, the nurses at my dermatologists office know the sound of my voice. The worst part is that this is all really starting to impact my life. I don't sleep as well, I stress about my face, have dreams about breakouts. I used to go out all the time and really enjoyed being out and around people. Lately, I've avoided all that... and my friendships are starting to suffer. I was put on tetracylene, which didn't work... then minocyclene, which didn't work... now doxycycline... which I haven't been on long enough to tell yet. Does anyone have any advice for coping with all of this? I feel like I'm starting to lose it.

IDK i havnt seen results yet but I think using vitamin b5 could be a good choice.... I've heard great reviews and talked ot many successful people, however..... it can take months and months to see results. My forehead, chin and nose are really oily so im hoping it will metabolize the oil more and reduce acne.

Thanks for the backup everyone, what he said is ok though. He represents the attitude of 3/4 of the people out there unfortunately, so I won't take that comment personally. But i'm going to need some of you to stay at my house tonight, this big egotistical guy is scaring me and I fear for my life.

:lol2:

PS: He will get what's coming to him for his cruel attitude, and let me tell you, whatever it is, it wont be pretty. When that happens, i'll be here if you need support.

What an ass... :naughty:

What an ass... :naughty:

It's okay, if I came across HIM... I would sure as hell let him know about how he needs to find another hobby besides coming on this forum and trying to get everyone down, and how much he looked like shit because of it... And you my friend, are the one that should be banned from going out in public not us. (I'm sure the other 99% of the members agree with me, you are the other 1%). And I thought I had issues.... lol

:think:

Edited by scarred4eva

Two words, FUCK YOU! People whose image aren't perfect should be treated the same as everyone else. And honestly, why are you even on here?

Two words, FUCK YOU! People whose image aren't perfect should be treated the same as everyone else. And honestly, why are you even on here?

I guess he has nothing better to do.... He must have it pretty damn good to be able to treat people like that. He thinks he's superior to us all because we have skin problems and he doesn't. At least we know whos the dickhead here, even if he is clouded by his own judgements.