Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm going to buy some of that microdermabrasion cream.... I have come off accutane about 3 weeks ago and i'm wondering how long I have to wait before I can use this for my red marks/scars.

Thanks

I'm going to buy some of that microdermabrasion cream.... I have come off accutane about 3 weeks ago and i'm wondering how long I have to wait before I can use this for my red marks/scars.

Thanks

Hi, hope the Accutane worked for you. I had cystic acne all over my back and few spots on my face but my face was practically clear. I finished Accutane about 6 months ago and it has cleared my back of all the cysts and has left loads of redmarks and few scars. I've been using 50% Glycolic acid on my back for 4 weeks now and it has taken the marks down alot anyway you can't use anything on your skin untill at least 6 months after stopping Accutane I had to wait before using anything it's really hard because all you want to do is get rid of the marks right away but if you use harsh products on your skin your going to end up worse than you are. I don't know what microdermabrasion cream is but sounds harsh just wait untill Accutane is out your system.

Thanks

Hi, hope the Accutane worked for you. I had cystic acne all over my back and few spots on my face but my face was practically clear. I finished Accutane about 6 months ago and it has cleared my back of all the cysts and has left loads of redmarks and few scars. I've been using 50% Glycolic acid on my back for 4 weeks now and it has taken the marks down alot anyway you can't use anything on your skin untill at least 6 months after stopping Accutane I had to wait before using anything it's really hard because all you want to do is get rid of the marks right away but if you use harsh products on your skin your going to end up worse than you are. I don't know what microdermabrasion cream is but sounds harsh just wait untill Accutane is out your system.

Don't use any microderm cream/treatments, or anything for that matter, for at least 6 months after accutane, as the previous post sais, sure it's very hard to wait it out but if you get impatient and do something (anything really) to your new skin, you will scar. When the derms say don't mess with your face for at least 6-12 months.... they mean it.