Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blueyesurfer

Acne Free Scar Eraser

I've been using it now for 3 days and im loving the product.. I picked it up at longs drugs.. I definately see improvement in my scars already.. it like plumps the skin up..has something called Hydroquinone.. I'll let you know more info later..

Guest james11

hydroquinone topical?

• Avoid exposure to sunlight or artificial UV rays (e.g., sunlamps). Darkening of the skin may occur with exposure to sunlight or artificial UV light. Use a sunscreen (minimum SPF 15) and wear protective clothing when exposure to the sun or UV rays is unavoidable.

• Do not use hydroquinone topical on skin that is sunburned, windburned, dry, chapped, or irritated, or on an open wound. It could make these conditions worse. Wait until these conditions have healed before applying hydroquinone topical.

What is hydroquinone topical?

• Hydroquinone decreases the formation of melanin in the skin. Melanin is the pigment in skin that gives it a brown color.

• Hydroquinone topical is used to lighten areas of darkened skin such as freckles, age spots, cholasma, and melasma.

• Hydroquinone topical may also be used for purposes other than those listed here.

Just thought i'd post this stuff for you blueyed. Just because i figure you surf and some of the precautions may be good to look out for. Sun exposure, windburn, chapped skin etc. All things that surfing may be affiliated with. Good luck with the product though! :)

yeah I amcurrently using that stuff too. Really does makes the skin look tons better after a few weeks especially if you follow all the step and lightly put on the sunblock moisturizer after the creme. For some reason teh healthy moist skin does not show up scars at all. Weel at least the shallow ones. I love the stuff.

blueyed I can't find the prod. u'r talking about Can you provide a link?

Thanks

I still dont think its on the website for the company that makes it yet. Its university Medical Scar Eraser. Its from the Acnefree company(the over the counter proactive.) Can be found at any drug store or any discount store Walmart, Target, Meijers, etc.)

I have severe acne pitting.

Im sure u have minor shallow scarring around the deep pits. TO fix the rest of your skin with a topical really will make your face look a lot better and healthier even with the deep scars. Its not going to do much for the deeper pits unless they are off color either dark brown or red, which can make them look deeper as well. Good luck

yah I dont think it really will work for deep pits.. but damn im seeing great results with shallow imperfections.. it made my deepest scar not so deep when i smile now..

I've seen a wide shallowed hole shrink down to what looks like an enlarged pore.. and its still getting smaller.. all scars have responded except 3.. and those are deep

It has made my skin a lot smoother since using it. I am on Accutane too which was what my dermo said probably has made my skin look so much better these last few months. I really do think this works on really shallow scars. The scar eraser is better than the clearasil for ease of use, it does not make u shiny like the clearasil did.

no its from this company http://www.universitymedical.com/acnefree.html

There is nothing about the scar eraser on the site though I guess sin\ce it is really new. It is right by the acnefree stuff though at any store that carries those kinda products. The acnefree is the reatail version of proactive in case u didnt know. The scar eraser has the same packaging scheme as well.

good posts keith but i still dont like you @all

ok thanks. :think:

Does this stuff irritate your skin at all or make it red? What is supposed to be the active ingredient?

hydroquinone for discoloration and oxy peptide a for filling in the scars. I think these are the active ingredients I threw the box away and a bunch of the writing has come off the bottle I guess from sitting by the sink.

good posts keith but i still dont like you @all

ok thanks. :think:

Does this stuff irritate your skin at all or make it red? What is supposed to be the active ingredient?

hydroquinone for discoloration and oxy peptide a for filling in the scars. I think these are the active ingredients I threw the box away and a bunch of the writing has come off the bottle I guess from sitting by the sink.

theres no irritation or redness either. The moisturizing sunblock is used to keep the skin from getting irritated and has vitamin e in it to help the skin heal.

Here is what I got as a response to an e-mail I sent University Medical about their scar eraser. They had no comment on if it affected indented scarring.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Customer:

The active ingredient in the Scar Eraser is Hydroquinone. It is a skin lightener, approved by the FDA. It works for the discoloration.

Thank you,

Rhonda

Customer Care

University Medical Products

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 5:51 AM

To: [email protected]

Subject: acne scar eraser

I have read on some forums that you have released an acne scar eraser. Is this product just for discoloration or actual indented scarring. What is the active ingredient?

Thanks,

Colin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------