Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just saw an ad for a local study for acne sufferers that would be free of costs to me. I would get medication and a few other tests and such. Should I do it? Would you guys do it? It's free, I'm just worried about what kind of meds they would give me....

It's up to you, really, that's basically it.

If it was me and I tried everything and nothing worked, I'd go for it.

Not giving you any ideas or anything, your choice.

Guest Poker-Butt

yea why not! uve tried all kinds of things why not ...its free and maybe it'll clear u up ...if something goes wrong can u sue em? if i cant then my answer is "no"

I heard about it on the radio. The announcer said that they'd pay people with acne to work for them in researching a cure for acne. They weren't very specific though, which is kinda dodgy if you ask me. I wouldn't do it. WHo knows what they'll do to your skin. But if you're really desperate then it's worth a shot. There's a chance they'll reduce your acne AND you'll get paid in the process. But again, it's a risk.

the problem with these studies is that they have to do "blind studies" which means some patients get the actual meds some get placebos (so basically nothing but water pills etc) so they can determine if indeed there is an effect of the meds.

You'd be luck of the draw whether you're getting meds or not.

Guest ***Mish Mosh***

medication can be cream too !!

I would go for it. Im sure it is harmless. Could just be somebody doing a MD study at uni.

They may be comparinga cream within different ethnic groups or genders etc or they way you wash your face etc.

Give them a call for more info.

quite true Mish Mosh! but the creams could be some with an active ingredient some with just basic BP.

Still..it is a good opportunity given how expensive treatments can be these days!

Guest ***Mish Mosh***

they could already be established products. Who knows?

Ive done trials before for a different medical problem - was really interesting and totally harmless.

it thats the case then go for it! just ask lots of questions first and make sure that if you DO get something that works its not crazy expensive and you can keep up the treatment afterwards, that way you don't start something..get clear and then have to give up due to lack of avaliability

Guest charyan

I just saw an ad for a local study for acne sufferers that would be free of costs to me. I would get medication and a few other tests and such. Should I do it? Would you guys do it? It's free, I'm just worried about what kind of meds they would give me....

might aswell give it a punt, if it makes things better then wey hey! if it makes shit worse then just stop or sell the medication on ebay.