Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Woke up this morning to the REDDEST CHEEKS EVER IN THE HISTORY OF MINDKIND. I mean, it looks like I was out in the sun for 387657435 hours, and got TOTALLY burnt.

WHAT THE FUCK IS IT?!

My forehead is great. My chin is great. My cheek area though? FUCKED!

Last night it was a little less red, so I got some EUCERIN REDNESS RELIEF (the green kind) and rubbed it all over my cheeks to try and kill the redness.

Well, guess what? IT GOT WORSE!!!

HOW THE FUCK DO I FIX IT?!!?!

I had to skip school AGAIN this year because of my face. I can't handle this shit no more.

The only thing I use on my face: Tea Tree Soap Bar (which works very well)

HOW DO I KILL THIS REDNESS?! PLEASE. SOMEBODY HELP!!!

I'm thinking I broke capilarries under my cheek areas or something. I don't know.

Yes, I use city water, but nobody else in my family gets cheeks like me.

I'm gonna get this Bendryl shit and see what happens. Think it'll kill the inflammation before school 2morrow?

it might. i use it when i get a rash or major irritation. Try taking a couple of asprin and calming down. Drink some green tea. Basically what you need to focus on is bringing the redness down.

For dinner don't eat anything spicy, don't overwash your face and don't put any BP on it. I get patches of redness and the benadryl usually works.

I got a huge red rash once from a penecillin allergy and they put me on benadryl and it really helped. What you want is Benadryl Allergy. little pink pills. thats what the hospital would give you if you went.

The redness localized in the cheeks suggests an irritation to something like a food....backtrack on what you ate, where you went etc.

good idea Queen of the Hills..but i would go straight to the Asprin. Guaranteed best anti-inflammatory. Its what i reach for. Advil and other ibuprofin doesn't always work as well as its not as strong.

Woke up this morning to the REDDEST CHEEKS EVER IN THE HISTORY OF MINDKIND. I mean, it looks like I was out in the sun for 387657435 hours, and got TOTALLY burnt.

WHAT THE FUCK IS IT?!

My forehead is great. My chin is great. My cheek area though? FUCKED!

Last night it was a little less red, so I got some EUCERIN REDNESS RELIEF (the green kind) and rubbed it all over my cheeks to try and kill the redness.

Well, guess what? IT GOT WORSE!!!

I had to skip school AGAIN this year because of my face. I can't handle this shit no more.

it really helped to switch to a gentle cleansing routine w/ just water and Purpose.

I think you just answered your own question. Drop the tea tree soap, this has a record of causing burns to the skin if over-used or if left on the skin for more than a minute or two.

Other than that, for someone to give you proper advice rather than just telling you to reach for the nearest Rx anti-inflammatory, you will need to be more precise.

Describe the redness, does it look like a burn, is the skin smooth with an even tone of redness underneath, is it only confined to your cheeks, did you apply anything to your cheeks besides the soap/eucerin, are you taking any prescription medication whatsover, what did you eat the day before, has this ever happened to you before etc.?

As for the solution unfortunately there is no magic wand to wipe away the redness. The skin needs to heal and if it is burnt lightly then it usually takes between 7-10days to start looking normal again.

Whatever you do don't aggrevate the skin and just wash with water for the next 2 weeks.

Find out if anybody near you has a Vbeam laser. That takes all the redness out of skin - permanetely.

You probably have mild rosacea. Use gentle products, and don't take really hot showers or go in saunas for a little while until it clears up.

Find out if anybody near you has a Vbeam laser. That takes all the redness out of skin - permanetely.

You probably have mild rosacea. Use gentle products, and don't take really hot showers or go in saunas for a little while until it clears up.

What is a Vbeam laser and how can I get it?

Jorrellgpogi has nailed yer problem.

Ancient philosophy from just about every culture tells us that the mind and body are 1.

I didn't even have to look at your post, you username tells the whole story, DEATH TO ANCE, written in caps. Staring into the mirror each morning obsessing about your face and getting angry is the best way I know to bring on acne. You could wash your face in a French sewer each morning, have stuffed crust pizza and a tub of Ben n Jerry's for every meal and brush your teeth with lard and still your method would be 100% more effective in generating acne. Actually if you look at it that way acne is quite a creative process, well done.

The minute I stopped obsessing my acne started to clear up. I was the world champion at that, going to the bathroom every five minutes to check my face and put something on whatever Zit I had and praying each morning it will be better rushing to the bathroom only to find 2 more MOFO's sitting on my chin taunting me. It's the great acne paradox, just don't look at them and they'll go away, sounds easy but it's the hardest thing in the world.

You could also help by

Quitting all chemicals, harsh topicals and moisturisers, ditch the lot.

Wash only 1-2 times per day with 100% natural soap and mineral water.

Check you diet; this is the difficult part which I'm now working on after doing the above and getting 98% clear. Diet is an underlying cause but not THE root cause (as some will have you believe) the root cause is ATTITUDE.

I'm only bothering to post becuase you remind me of me.

Edited by RRL_drummer1982

I only take Growth Hormone for weight lifting.

Forget everything I just wrote, I think we've found your problem.

Growth Hormone ehhh... hmm....if you mean the real illegal injectable deal and not simply those ineffective GABA or Glutalysinapyro rubbish that supplement companies palm off as GH well give it a few years and you can add a super sized enlarged jaw and abnormally sized, disproportionate bone structure to you woes. Acne is piss and wind compared to what you'll have to face in the mirror each morning. If you really want to screw with nature growth hormone is an excellent choice, you'll make the elephant man look like Tom Cruise and what's more you'll be a bone head in more ways than one. Do a search on GH and Acromegaly.

Unless you have a genuine medical reason, which is unlikely, I'm shocked that somebody 'still at school' is taking growth hormone.

Edited by RRL_drummer1982

It was an OTC product. "GH Enhancer."

I lift weights which is the main reason I took it, but also for the simple fact it works MIRACLES with tendon pain. (I'm a pitcher with SEVERE tendinitus - started taking those and the pain died away. My arm hasn't felt better in months.)

I stopped taking the GH Enhancer, which, by the way, I don't shoot up (they come in pill form) and already some of my redness went away.

I'm looking to get this Vbeam last thing done though. I hope it helps with my acne scars.

When ever my face was red mainly from sun burn i'd use tea tree oil at night before bed and wake up the next day with no redness at all.

I apply it topical with a cottonball,

Good luck

Pure tea tree oil will cause major redness in most people that put it on their face. This is not a good solution for somebody who is already dealing with redness.