Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Feiph

Accutane and minocin together?

Just wondering if anyones ever been prescribed minocin and accutane at the same time. The first time I was prescribed accutane, the first month I didn't really improve. So my doctor also prescribed minocin with the accutane for a month and I improved dramatically.

Since then I've been on minocin again and it didn't do anything for me. So currently with my new doctor I'm on accutane again but its only helping moderately.

So I'm wondering if its the combination of the two that really helps.

In the Accutane booklet I received when I got my prescription, it discourages using both Accutane and antibiotics at the same time because there is an increased chance of brain swelling. Since both drugs cause the brain to swell, combining the two would double the the swelling.

b4 accutane i was on minocin and whe i went back and she put me on accutane she told me to stop taking minocin straight away and not to take it again.

strange that your derm has u on the two.

Yea.. when I told my new doctor this, he gave me this weird look and said it was strange.