Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

a lot of facial cleansers and washes contain salicylic acid @ around 2.0% or so. what's the difference with this and bp? which is more effective on acne? wat's the effect of salicylic acid?

Guest james11

Salicylic acid is used as a chemical exfoliant. It helps unclog the pores and i'm pretty sure can prevent further breakouts.

They're different chemicals, BP and SA, and the % is just the amount of active ingredient. Some things are stronger than others because they are most likely less potent. Therefore they need a higher content of active ingredient to do their thing!

they are not basically the same thing, but kinda are there for the same reasons. SA is supposed to be better for people with oily skin (what I have)......BP for me is no good.

Guest Poker-Butt

salicylic acid is for unclogging pores , bp is for killing zits...depends what ur needs are

Guest Poker-Butt

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=11566

check that out

i was doing this regimen for two weeks and it was working fine, i shouldve gave it more time but then i started exfoliating jess's way ...decided to go the non-medicated route and only spot treat, i now use salicylic acid for my clogged pores...but this regimen definitely works....im just sticking to this regimen since i always switch regimens...but mine is going swell so far so its all good

Edited by Poker-Butt

so can i use both?

No, if you're on the regimen you cannot wash with SA and then apply BP, it's just too harsh. Once you're off the regimen and have stopped BP, you can use that as a reminder for any acne trying to attack your skin for them to fuck off.

I have used 2% SA washes and 2.5% BP together for YEARS with no problem, but I always used a moisturizer. Alot of people say that it is too drying, but I never had that problem!