Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chachi477

does smoking weed give you zits

I'm a bit curious to know myself. I smoke pot from time to time, and I don't think it makes me break out directly but i believe it CAN do it indirectly:

Marijuana dehydrates you, which can lead to acne. I always keep a bottle of water near me when i'm stoned so I don't get more blemishes.

Also, when i'm stoned (espeically when i'm REALLY stoned) I have a tendancy to absentmindendly grope my face. When you are high, your zits look worse and more visible, I think this has to due with your blood vessels doing something when you are stoned. I touch it because I think it looks worse (and i'm too gone to know) and this leads to more breakouts, no question. Hope this all helps :D

Im not too sure... but I imagine the smoke exhaled could get trapped in your pores.... i think ciggerette smoke does that too.. Im not sure tho. I think i've heard that somewhere. But then again.... smoke from a fire (like out camping) could clog ur pores to... who knows.

i dont know but i noticed the opposite- almost every one of my girlfriends that does it has perfectly clear skin... i was actually wondering if it clears ur skin?

All I know is that everytime I smoke a Cigar or when I used to smoke weed I would break out terribly so now I cant have either :-s

well thanks, because I probally will start up again if it doesn't break me out.I would test it now but im on probation

My skin complexion is noticeably worse after I smoke weed. I tend to breakout about a week after I smoked weed. I did a test and the last three times I smoked I got a breakout. It sucks! But Ill definately stop now.

No.. I smoked about an eighth of weed everyday this summer, I went from having light/moderate acne to no acne ever the whole summer. I never washed my face except in the morning with regular soap. My acne just completely dissapeared.. At the end of the summer I was going to only smoke on weekends to improve grades, so far I have a 3.7 GPA and its the end of the 1st marking period.. But the point is marijuana took AWAY ALL my acne I never got 1 pimple the whole summer.. I found this site at the end of the summer and started the regime and I've been doing it for about 6 weeks now but I miss some days everyone in a while.. My acne is a little better than before summer but still getting breakouts..

i find these topics around a lot. Who knows if it really effects acne, i heard smoking is bad for the skin yet hemp has many beneficial medical properties.

it helps reduce stress which can cause acne. an 8th is a lot to smoke a day. i mean that's like a fucking ounce a week. oh well some people have connections. i think that smoking cigarettes is bad but just an occaisional joint shouldn't do it. another thing i think acne gets worse from stress/anxiety so everyone constantly thinking about it i'm sure makes it worse i guess that's almost a paradox

mi 2 ..

not even a puff ...

i try them 10 cigs in a row ...

got around 6 pimples rite away the next morning ..

n it's fade alot slower than usual..