Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ashes

my face is so scarred. please help

Hey, Hello, Hola, Howdy!

My name is Ashley and I'm 15 years old. I have acne and I hate it. It isnt severe acne, I would say its moderate. Pimples dont bother me, its the scars! All my pimples seem to turn to scars. My face has one scar after another! I do no pick my pimples. I never have, never will. I use something called Clindamycin on my face and this is when my scarring occured. So I'm thinking making the Clindamycin caused it.

Is there anything that will get rid of scars? Would Mederma work?

I used clindamycin for 14 months. It won't help much with red marks but keep using it because it will control your breakouts. The red marks will go over time.

I have red marks. I'm guessing they are scars. I dont have any indentations thankfully.

Red marks are not scars - they will fade in time, but in the interim period, you could try the following methods which are proving successful for many:

1. Tape method

2 Vinegar method

3. Mandalic acid

There are other methods too, but since you are only 15, I suggest you try the cheaper options above first. Take a look at the threads on the first few pages and you will find the info you need.

Clindamycin is an antibiotic which helps reduce acne inflammtion, it does not cause scars. Your red marks are part of the acne healing process.

Another cheap alternative you can try is applying witchhazel and then neosporin...it has really helped me get rid of my red marks and both are found at most stores....near the alcohol and peroxide...it would cost less than 5 bucks to buy these at Target etc. HTH