Sprecto Jel VS. Cetaphil

MemberMember
(@smooth_operator)

Posted : 11/08/2005 4:38 pm

My vote goes to Spectro Jel!

MemberMember
(@tired_of_waiting)

Posted : 11/08/2005 4:56 pm

i've never used cetaphil, but i've always loved my spectro gel. very calming, soothing and makes my skin feel super clean. never oily.

MemberMember
(@pithy-quill-paladin)

Posted : 11/08/2005 5:07 pm

Spectrojel all the way!

MemberMember
(@iceboi)

Posted : 11/08/2005 8:38 pm

Specto Jel is aweosme tooo!!

Read my post in the Canadian thread for cheap prices on the spectro!!

also got2b products are a staple!!

MemberMember
(@lovely)

Posted : 11/08/2005 9:27 pm

Spectro-Jel is the best ever!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/08/2005 10:02 pm

I've never used Spectro-jel, only Cetaphil. But from what everyone on here sayd it's way better.

Is it gentle? pH balanced? I'm thinking of giving it a go because Cetaphil leaves a bit of a film on your skin. Does anyone know if you can get Spectro in Australia?

MemberMember
(@pithy-quill-paladin)

Posted : 11/08/2005 10:45 pm

got2b products are a staple!!

I find the got2B cleansers to be a bit overdrying. :(

MemberMember
(@odd-girl-out)

Posted : 11/08/2005 11:00 pm

my friend told me about spectro jel today. she said it's good, and I could see she's clearing up (but she only have a few pimples, compare to mine). anyway I haven't tried it but I'm planning to.

MemberMember
(@yahoo)

Posted : 11/08/2005 11:21 pm

I imported some SpectroJel (I live in the States), and I like it better than Cetaphil so far (which is what I was using). It's only been a week, though, so time will tell if it breaks me out.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/09/2005 2:49 am

Can anyone tell me where i can order it from? Online? Or even if you can get it in Australia.

MemberMember
(@tired_of_waiting)

Posted : 11/09/2005 9:06 am

Try ordering from Canadian sites. As far as i know its a canadian product.

the stuff is fantastic. get it for sensitive problem prone skin. So soothing and really nice. Plus it works in warm or cold water and you can even use it without water and wipe it off (but why would you do that?)

MemberMember
(@pithy-quill-paladin)

Posted : 11/09/2005 2:07 pm

my friend told me about spectro jel today. she said it's good, and I could see she's clearing up (but she only have a few pimples, compare to mine). anyway I haven't tried it but I'm planning to.

You have to remember though that it won't really do anything by itself. It has to be used in a regimen of some sort.

MemberMember
(@testosterone)

Posted : 11/09/2005 2:11 pm

Oh Spectro Jel over Cetaphil any day, I tried Cetaphil but switched to Spectro Jel because Cetaphil was too drying and smelt like shit, it broke me out too, as it does with 75% of the people using it. Their moisturizer sucks ass too.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/09/2005 7:18 pm

What Canadian sites could i order Spectro gel from?

MemberMember
(@chikis)

Posted : 11/09/2005 7:24 pm

Does anyone know if I can buy it in the U.S or how much the shipping is if I can order it online?

MemberMember
(@iceboi)

Posted : 11/09/2005 10:27 pm

Has anyone read the ingredient list for Spectro Jel?

I just read it yesterday on the product and damn it's too much chemicals and it also has ALCOHOL USP in it. But when i use this wasj it feels so good on the skin and doesn't irritate me at all. Anyone know why?

I'm so amazed with this product and also it's awesome since the purple one is SOAP FREEE!!!

As for other countries Spectro Jel is only available in Canada!!

I have no idea what prices they are charging online but if your total with shipping comes up to $20 or more your getting ripped off big time!

If any US people want to try the Sensitive Version of the Spectro Jel which is for Acne prone skin I can get you some Professional Versions which only have 90ml in them and they are 2 for $1.15. So you'll get 2 bottle of 90 ml= 180 ml this is soooo cheap for it.

I can send 2 bottles max to any resident willing to pay the shipping cost and cost of bottles for $6.50

That's if your desperate, That's how kind I am.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/09/2005 10:28 pm

Okay here's my new plan. I'm going to try and see if this Spectro Jel is on sale in Australia under another product name. So in order to do this i need to find out a manufacturers name and where it's produced etc etc.... So if one of the lovely users of Spectro Jel could post this info for me, i would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance :D

MemberMember
(@pithy-quill-paladin)

Posted : 11/10/2005 9:39 am

The scent is not something that bothers me, really. Other cleansers, like St. Ives are the ones that pack a strong scent.

MemberMember
(@roxtar)

Posted : 11/11/2005 12:22 am

james11 said:

Okay here's my new plan. I'm going to try and see if this Spectro Jel is on sale in Australia under another product name. So in order to do this i need to find out a manufacturers name and where it's produced etc etc.... So if one of the lovely users of Spectro Jel could post this info for me, i would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance :D

james11, you are not likely to find the same product under a different name in Australia, IMO. It is manufactured and distributed only here in Canada, to my best knowledge.

I really like SpectoJel myself. One main reason I prefer it over cetaphil is that it has Polysorbate 20 as its main "detergent", which is not comedogenic (acne-causing). Believe it or not, Cetaphil uses comedogenic (acne-causing "detergents": depending on if it's the gentle or the regular cleanser, it has Sodium Laurel Sulfate (SLS) or Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES). You want to avoid these ingredients in a cleanser, but you might find it hard to find one w/out these.

However, there are many amazing products made in Australia. Unfortunately, I don't know much other than what's available here in Canada.

One decent line of Australian made skin products available here is JASON. I looked online at drugstore.com for ingredients listing, and Jason Red Elements Gentle Gel Cleanser seems to be a decent one w/ no definite acne-causing ingredients [Edited link out]

Ingredients:

Aqua (purified water), Coco Betaine, Vegetable Glycein, Methyl Cluceth 20, Sclerotium Gum, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract (red tea), Polylysine, Copper Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Manganese Gluconate, Aloe Baradensis Leaf Gel (certified organic), Allantoin, Panthenol (vitamin B), Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate

Coco Betaine is the cleanser in this one. I haven't been able to find a comedogenicity rating on it, but it might be O.K.

On the other hand, the other Jason cleansers I saw at drugstore.com might have some comedogenic ingredients. One is Jason Natural Cosmetics D-Clog Balancing Cleanser for Oily/Combination Skin which has octyl palmitate (a very comedogenic fatty acid), and the other Jason Natural Cosmetics Clean Start Refreshing Cleanser for Normal/Everyday Skin has Laureth Sulfosuccinate, which might be related to SLS and SLES, so it might be comedogenic.

If you know of other reputable Australian brands of products, post here or pm me. We could try and figure out which one might be O.K. for acne-prone skin.

Also, I should mention, there is one product line that is rather expensive but it's always intrigued me. It's from Australia and would cost a lot to ship here to Canada (and I'm currently happy w/ my products), so I haven't tried it. Anyway, it's called MiEssence and it's organic skin care and cosmetics products. There are soooo many people that carry this product online (I think it's like a franchise), so you can do a websearch, but here's one I just came across: [Edited link out] Here is their Purifying Cleanser (for oily/combo skin): [Edited link out] It has such pure lovely ingredients (check the link).

Anyway, getting way off track of the thread here which is about SpectroJel vs. Cetaphil. I wanted to help you out b/c you seemed to really want the SpectroJel. Sorry, pal!

As for my 2 cents on SpectroJel vs. Cetaphil, I think it's already clear: SPECTROJEL! It's one of various cleansers that I have and use, and I love it. I was shocked to see the comedogenic ingredients in Cetaphil, so I've actually never bought or used it. The comparison is on ingredients only.

Roxy.

MemberMember
(@legislatorgov)

Posted : 11/12/2005 10:33 am

i definately prefer spectrogel..much better

MemberMember
(@duchs)

Posted : 12/03/2019 10:54 pm

On 11/9/2005 at 9:06 AM, Christina ~ said:

Try ordering from Canadian sites. As far as i know its a canadian product.

the stuff is fantastic. get it for sensitive problem prone skin. So soothing and really nice. Plus it works in warm or cold water and you can even use it without water and wipe it off (but why would you do that?)

Using it without water is more like a spot treatment for those really persistent zits.

I pop zits (bad, I know) I use spectro jel which helps to reduce scaring & an exfoliant to remove remaining scar tissue over thecourse of a few weeks.

I've been using Spectro Jel for years now and love it. My skin routine includes Spectro Jel, St. Ives exfoliant & every so often - Noxema. I let the look and feel of my skin tell me which product Iuse that day.