Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Its week two into the regimen for me and my skin is still dry itchy and burnin! its not clearin up at all I use the Neutrogena wash, BP, and lotion and the lotion seems to sting plus make it greasy....i ordered the BP gel instead but any ideas on what lotion? im ready to give up but have tried so many things someone give me some hope pleeeeease

i am two weeks in, as of today, as well.

i was also very red and itchy and flakey up unitl a few days ago. actaully, i am still a little red and itchy. i am using pupose bar, waiting on the clear skin regimen BP, and neutorgena oil free moisture for sensitve skin moistureizer.

are you washing very genetly? and applying the BP and mositureizer gently? from what i understand, that is a very big thing with this regimen. Did you add in another variable (another product)? Are you touching your face alot (picking or squeezing)? When you dry your face, are you being very gentle, just patting dry and letting it air dry the rest of the way?

Maybe you started out using too much BP. If you're face is way too dry and flaky, take a couple days off and start up slowly. You're skin has to build up to the amount of BP you're using. Personally, I've found that I don't need as much BP as Dan recommends. I use a fairly thin layer and I get better results. I wouldn't do any exfoliating or you'll end up getting never-ending flakes. Just be as gentle as you possibly can. I know it's frustrating and you want to load up on the bp and scrub your face to death, but that's only going to make things a lot worse and delay your results.

I would recommend exfoliating while on the regimen, because I got mad flakes during my second week, and the only way I got rid of it is by exfoliating. Thing is though, it should only be done a few times a week, or whenever you see the flakes mounting up.

eeeeek the nasty cycle exfoliating isnt good for acne there are open sores and the beads probably clog pores

Guest james11

Chemical exfoliation is a great way to avoid harsh scrubs and pore clogging beads. A good quality SA wash, used twice weekly.

how do u exfoliate??? anyway i use the neutrogena lotion and it makes me look all greasy and my skin is just getting worse and worse ahhhh