Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well it was 99% clear for about a month or two, but starting last Saturday I've been getting pimples, small but bothering, I got a fairly large papule on my top left cheekbone, two small zits on each cheek, and another normal pimple.

I was using Vitamin K from my Doctor for the past 2-3 weeks but didn't give me any flareups till now, I have been steaming my face about 2 sometimes 3 times a day since Saturday night. I haven't ate anything bad, some soda but only sprite about 3 times, 3 glasses. Is it just going to go away or what is this? Thanks, need quick replies, I may go on accutane like 20mg or so, I have a derm appointment for NOVEMBER 20th, but I'll see what goes on.

Well it was 99% clear for about a month or two, but starting last Saturday I've been getting pimples, small but bothering, I got a fairly large papule on my top left cheekbone, two small zits on each cheek, and another normal pimple.

I was using Vitamin K from my Doctor for the past 2-3 weeks but didn't give me any flareups till now, I have been steaming my face about 2 sometimes 3 times a day since Saturday night. I haven't ate anything bad, some soda but only sprite about 3 times, 3 glasses. Is it just going to go away or what is this? Thanks, need quick replies, I may go on accutane like 20mg or so, I have a derm appointment for NOVEMBER 20th, but I'll see what goes on.

That is way too many times a day to steam your face! You're going to just keep irritating it. Why not try to steam it twice a week instead, and use something after you steam, like honey or something. That seems to work for me. If your face is 99% clear, why go on Accutane?

what is vitamin K? Is that like an oil?? Could it be clogging your pores or something? Maybe you should add something into your regimen, some sort of exfoliating mask (not a manual exfoliator) like a glycolic peel but not as harsh. Like a papaya peel, or something. And do that in the middle of the week, a couple days before or after your glycolic peel.

don't go on accutane especially if ur face is that clear it might make it worse but the redness. anyways i don't see whats the big deal: in my own experience, girls don't really care if guys have mild acne. :/ if ur good looking they tend to look at that. unfortunately its not so with all girls. discrimination sucks.

but yah i think its because of the soda... because i drank like a can of soda last week and i have 3 small zits on my temple and one giant white head that didn't stop bleeding. my friends were laughing and it was actually quite funny on how i tried to stop it. anywayz long story short, yeah not the end of the world.

Well it's been said that you cannot get rid of acne as you can only CONTROL IT!!

Accutane may work while your on it but once your off you may flare up like crazy and then be simple clear

This sounds sooo similar to me. I have a reg (different then yours) but it kept me clear, like ZERO breakouts for pretty much the whole summer. Now in the last few weeks I've started getting random breakouts and I couldn't understand why. I use SA so it wasn't like I could become immune to it. What I realized was that my skin was becoming dryer (lovely Canadian winter) and therefore my regimen was just slighty too harsh. I cut back to one treatment a day and added a good moisturizer and things are looking way up, haven't broken out since...

does ur dermatologist recommend u wash ur face that much damn 3 times a day and ur face was clear. i dunno but why worry about redmarks so much ur probably just provoking ur acne. id say try to use less product as possible. slowly. especially since ur face was clear that long. i believe ur face needs a break for sure though because your face doesnt need to be cleansed but once a day. all that junk causes overdryness to over oilyness. and dirt trapped with oil causing acne. and then ur face is is prety worn out washing all day and ur putting aloe vera gel all over ur face. vitamin k twice a day, steaming, and damn the facial peel i bet it exfoliates too. just let you know just because ur face feels good doesnt mean its healing! take it easy man but oh well you do your way ill do my way

I have changed my regimen, thanks for all your guys' input.

Anyways, before I was clear I'd break out ONLY on my right side, and that left a quarter sized deep red redmark, now it's almost gone, SO FADED to this day, happened over a week and now my breakouts are on my left side, I've poped about 3 now, and they left tiny redmark, like the size if you put redpaint at the tip of a toothpick and tabbed it on a piece of paper, very small, will they stay?

Guest ***Mish Mosh***

accutane is for the worst cases - not yours. you have pretty mild acne. not sure why you go to a derm really as you are only about 13 or 14?

The Derm said his face was 'overprocessed' last time he went.

Just leave your face alone!

like mish mosh says. I have the same prob as you John, my derm tells me to leave my face alone! i don't pick, just overwash and overtreat my one or 2 active pimples a week. :P bleh I've been doing a little experiment....on the weekends i don't use my BP, just take my antibiotics and birth control and shower once a day. And my face feels SOOOO much better. less red/irritated. I'm back on my regimen of 2 showers a day and lots of BP at night and sure enough...face looks irritated again. So the derm was right! leave it alone and let your face breathe.

I'm going to start cutting wwwwaaaaaay down on the BP to small amounts every other night or so.

accutane? your like 80% clear. I dont think accutane should even come into it. Just go to your doc and see what he says, There probably from over-washing/steaming you face, and with all thoses hearsh peels you rdoing, the glycolid strips your skin and the under skin pimples rise.

I'm starting to do Vitamin K, because I think what caused the zits is the steaming that brings them out. I was on Vitamin K for like 2 weeks then got zits only after I steamed so much.

hey, post a pic of your face and well tell you.

From what oi know, You have like 3 red marks and get 1-3 pimples a day. you do 40% peels! i think your doing too much. And your only 14-16. If you just wait they will be gone in like 2 years max. Your skin will grow over the marks. so i suggest stop doing the peels. Also, Accutane has pretty shifty side effects, and i dont think a derm would give it to you (From what i have heard of you skin)