Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey all..

i am looking for a good foundation that would

help hide a few red marks i have..

i have.. lite-medium skin , looking for lite to med coverage.

any suggestions?

lol there are just too many to choose from..

i know some of u guys use relvon colorstay?

how is that? and wat about aquasmooth from covergirl?

thx!

hey all..

i am looking for a good foundation that would

help hide a few red marks i have..

i have.. lite-medium skin , looking for lite to med coverage.

any suggestions?

lol there are just too many to choose from..

i know some of u guys use relvon colorstay?

how is that? and wat about aquasmooth from covergirl?

thx!

almay clear complexion is amazing. or almay skin stays clean.

anything from almay really :)

Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation.

Aye! I have to agree with Trouble here. I absolutely ADORE that foundation. Only down side of that would be the cost (its super expensive).

Alternatively, you could try veggie girls minerals!

I use Almay Clear complexion Blemish healing makeup. It offers really good coverage, it's oil-free and made for acne-prone skin.

I actually ordered Laura Mercier foundation in Sunny Beige because Im curious hahaha.

You wont be dissapointed :snooty:

Seriously, it's the best liquid foundation ever! Trouble and I use the sunny beige shade too! :D

Oooh, a tip for applying it would be to use it with a damp sponge, alternatively you could mix some of it with your moisturiser and use it as a tinted moisturiser! :)

Damp as in...wet the sponge...then squeeze a lil to get the excess water out? Do tell me more!

Does it take a long time to apply?

Guest ***Mish Mosh***

sounds good summerbay, but it costs 30 quid!

that's an obscene amount of money for foundation

you could try true illusion foundation from maybelline. it won't clog pores and is non-comdogenic. it covers well and is matte. I use the ivory color, its also oil free and has spf of 15, I think.

Guest ***Mish Mosh***
i use the almay clear complexion too with the powder! excellent stuff!!!!

I used this. Broke out in zits.

Damp as in...wet the sponge...then squeeze a lil to get the excess water out? Do tell me more!

Yep! You're spot on :cool:

First get ur clean sponge, put it under the tap. then squeeze out all the excess water, et voila you have a damp sponge! :D Then just add a drop of the LM foundation on the sponge (use more or less depending on how much coverage you want). Dot it around whereever you want to put the foundation on, so in my case it would be my nose, and other areas that tend to be red. Then blend, blend, blend! (using the sponge). At first I did use a brush to blend... but seriously, it didnt work as well as using a sponge to blend. Hmm... what else?!?! :think: Oooh, yeah... once you've put on the foundation, you'll wanna put some powder on just to set it. I personally LOVE veggie girl's satin finishing powder- that stuff works wonders lol! Just dust that on (especially in areas where you get oily/shiny), and you're looking great :cool:

For touch ups during the day, I use LM powder foundation (which is super expensive which is a down side to it, but I'm sure you could easily use another powder that you're comfortable with using).

Does it take a long time to apply?

I dont find it that long, no. But then again, when I first started using it, I was using it all over my face... now I use it to cover dark eye circles (when I've had a late night lol) and to cover redness on my nose/ red marks on my cheeks.

Hope that helps?! :angel:

sounds good summerbay, but it costs 30 quid!

that's an obscene amount of money for foundation

I know, I know its alot of money :boohoo: but I really wanted a foundation that actually does what I really want it to do.

I also suggested veggie girl's minerals cos its brilliant and dirt cheap compared to the other stuff in my makeup bag :cool:

Hmm, I'm probably going to be the lone dissenter, but I hated Almay Clear Complexion foundation. Here are my reasons:

1. Could never find a good match for my skintone (I'm super-white)

2. It seemed almost too matte. Kinda chalky looking for my taste.

3. BIGGEST REASON: Exacerbated my breakouts to no end. Skin got worse and worse the longer I wore this crap. I gave it a fair shake, too. Used it for a little over a month before admitting this stuff was absolute trash.

Might work for you, though. Obviously, others have used it without complaint. I do like the Clear Complexion pressed powder. I've used that for almost a decade!

i use the almay clear complexion too with the powder! excellent stuff!!!!

I used this. Broke out in zits.

sorry to hear that Mish Mosh, I guess it depends on your skin and how it reacts. I broke out big time using cover girl anything! Worst stuff I ever used. My daughter uses Jane foundation and so far it seems to not bother her skin or make it worse.

Guest Dwight_Sheila69

CoverFX is the best makeup powder foundation by far. Its a mineral makeup, does not break you out and gives great coverage. I had heard about it before and decided to buy it and its a god send.

Thanks for recommending it to me btw :wub:

You're welcome! :wub:

I actually ordered Laura Mercier foundation in Sunny Beige because Im curious hahaha.

That's the shade I use! I love LM. :wub:

I finally got it in the mail and I have to say wow. Although the shade is a tiny bit light than my actual skin tone...it's easily fixed when I use Veggie girl's Honey Foundation with it. I just brush some of the mineral makeup on certain parts of my face to accentuate the good points. The LM covers enough but some dark marks still show through a bit...but I have this Shiseido Optimal concealer which I found totally compatible with Laura Mercier foundation. But all in all wow my face looks so natural...and no oilyness yay!

Edited by LiLMeiMei

Told ya you wouldnt be dissapointed :whistle:

:cool:

If you dont want to use the sunny beige though, what you could do is get the vanilla beige... (that's the next colour up). But I'm glad you like it! :D

Guest tenshigirl25

hmm..i just got laura mercier the other night..the sales lady also gave me sunny beige..its a really nice shade for yellow based/olive skins.. finally no pinky or too light too tan colours..this 1 is just right..and applying with a damp sponge is a really nice application at the finish. i got a free gift bag too, so i am using the primer..and got a free one-step cleanser too..which is a great cleanser.. got some other goodies too like mascara and face polish..oh, i got the concelaer too...and surprisingly there she gave it to m in shade 2, which looks dark..and all these years ive been using a really light 1 under my eyes and this 1 actually covers better. i won $500 the other night so i splurged and always wanted to try laura mercier after reading Makeupalley.com ..yeah, its a very nice foundation, worth the bucks.. :clap: