Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NO.

Accutane is so synthetically powerful you couldn't get the same effect even if you consumed bottles of Vitamin A everyday.

If you do take Accutane, you shouldn't take Vitamin A however since the Accutane is the purest most powerful form.

You could be wrong...there have been people that have said that they have achieved the same results with vitamin A as they did with accutane. Some doctors recommend taking a maximum of 300,000 IU of vitamin A a day, to achieve similar results and minimize the side effects.

sounds like you already had the answer/opinion, not sure why you asked for others opinion...

good luck with that.

wow 300.000 iu is scary. i was thinking along the same lines as you, lookingforsolution, so I've begun taking about 25,000 iu, with 8000 in beta carotene form. 300,000 iu is craziness I think, because vitamin A is fat soluble and too much can be toxic. Can you provide any links to some info?

I get my information from www.mercola.com. This guy is apparentlly a well known doctor. He says to take up 300,000 IU a day for about 3 weeks and then drop down to 100,000 IU a day for about 1-3 months, depending on the severity of the acne. I have been taking 300,000 Iu for 2 days and havent had any problems yet. Hes says taking vitamin A in high doses like this will produce very similar results to accutane. He warns to watch out for things like headaches and nausea which would mean the vitamin A doses are too much for you. I would say to try spread your doses out throughout the day.