Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mhoden

How long do you need to use BP?

I want to start the regimen but one thing I am wondering is, how long am I going to have to use BP? I really don't want to be doing this the rest of my life but I am so sick of my acne at this point?? After a few months of the regimen are you able to cut down your BP use? Are you ever able to completely stop using it?

I want to start the regimen but one thing I am wondering is, how long am I going to have to use BP? I really don't want to be doing this the rest of my life but I am so sick of my acne at this point?? After a few months of the regimen are you able to cut down your BP use? Are you ever able to completely stop using it?

Once stopping any meds, BP, SA, antibiotics, accutane, it seems to come back.

Many people seem to be able to cut BP down to once daily and/or use less, but sometime breakouts occur and ramp up again.

It's a pain in the ass thats for sure, but when you get into the mindset that you brush/floss/mouthwash teeth twice a day why not cleanse/prep our faces twice daily.

Shavings a pain, going to the toilet is even a pain, jeez sex at my time of life is getting to be a chore.

At least I can give my female friends and relatives lessons in cosmetics now.

ahhhh. don't tell me that! lol

what about if you're on antibiotics and things like diane 35 and spriolactone and wash your face with a good cleasner..do you think you can cut down the BP to just some occasional use when you get flare ups?

depends how much you care about getting rid of your acne.

if you cared that much, you would do whatever it took.

thats not fair roo poo. i care alot. but i also care about the fact that i'm going to be moving and can't shower at night every night and use all the BP that i'm used to because i'm not in my own place anymore. Its not that i don't care..its that i'm trying to find something that works!

if i could find a BP wash...maybe that would work? i just need something that i don't have to leave on all night. my skin is too sensitive to wear it during the day. but if i could find a wash i could moisturize after in the AM......

I'm confused....you can't put BP on at night why??? It's really important to wash your face at night, esp. if you can only do it once a day - it should be at night.

Acne is not curable ...so whatever you do you need to continue in some fashion. Antibiotics aren't the answer either because you would have to stay on those 'forever' to keep the acne away....that's a disaster for your body and not a smart move. Antibiotics are pointless imo.

There are benzoyl perox face washes. I used a sample prescription one (forget the name) and used Oxy Balance (10% bp) before starting the Regimen a little over a month ago. They helped some but for me they didn't quite cut it. I had cyclical breakouts with more mild acne in between. I'd wash my face at night with these and then apply 10% spot cream before going to sleep.

Although I'm getting over a bad breakout right now on the Regimen, I have high hopes and what I do like about Dan's BP is that it seems to absorb better than any of the other BP topicals I've used. It absorbs enough that it's actually practical to use it during the day. Most of the 10% creams out there cake on and dry and are only wearable during the day if you're a mime or a clown.

in order to keep the acne away, you need to continue with the Regimen until which time you stop having acne-prone skin. For some, it is sooner than others, you'll just have to see.

I agree with RedSeven all the way on this one, yea, it's a pain in the butt, but so are alot of things we have to do for our own health/hygiene, etc. For me, dealing with acne is way worse than dealing with this twice a day regimen.

If the Regimen is too much of a hassle for you, you will soon see whether or not your acne will return. If you are lucky, it won't, but there is a good chance that it could return, then you will need to decide what your priorities are. None of us can decide that for you. Most of us reach a point with acne that we are so dang tired of having it year after year, that this twice a day regimen is nothing compared to waking up to breakouts everyday.

But if your breakouts are extremely mild and don't bother you as much as cleansing/ bp-ing/moisturizing does, then just live with your skin and go on about your life.

I want to start the regimen but one thing I am wondering is, how long am I going to have to use BP?

every morning and night until your skin clears naturally, or if not, for the rest of your life. It's a small price to pay for all the benefits of clear skin. Unless you want accutane and risk messing up your liver...