Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACNE SUCKS I HATE IT

Anyone else doing 120mg.day like me?

I'm a big guy.. 6'5 and all.. and my acne was pretty severe too. But still, I havent read anywhere here about people doing 120mg a day. Is this odd?

Anyway, I'm just starting my 4th month... so three months down, August, September, October, and my face is finally starting to clear up.

Believe me when I say that those were the hardest three months of my life. Especially the first month.. I remember being at my friend's fathers funeral and having like a million whiteheads on my face.

I'll keep this journal from here on out. I got a little over 1 month left of doage.

So.. today:

Face feels smooth, but there are red marks all over from old acne. I have had no live pimples on my face the past 2 days, but today a small one developed about 1 inch below my lip. It already feels like its dying though, so that's good. I don't really see any indented scars at the moment, which is odd because my acne was bad. I guess not popping any zits for months has its perks, huh? :) Anyway, I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully I'll get to live a normal life after this :dance:

Hey man, I'm on 80mg a day and I'm going to ask my derm if I can bump it up to 100. I am 5'11 and 97kgs, I've done just over three months. My skin is quite inconsistant, good sometimes and bad the next. I have mod consistant acne on my jawline and shoulders. I think your dosage is good for your size, I've got a mate who trains with me and he's about 70kg and is on 80mg ad he looks clear as.

Well I ordered Accutane on the Internet and just received all of my boxes today. I am starting on 100mg from the gate. I am 155 pounds (70kg), and for my size I could even go up to140mg. Your are fine at 120mg. Your dermatologist could place you on anywhere from 0.5mg to 2mg per kilogram of body weight. But the most important thing is the total dosage taken during the course. By course's end, you should have taken between 120 and 150mg per kilogram of body weight. So just multiply your weight (in kilograms) by these two figures, and you will have your range. The reason you don't see this amount posted much is because (I suspect) doctor's want to s-t-r-e-t-c-h out the time the patient is in their care. If i can place you on some insanely low amount like 20mg/day and keep you coming to me for 8 months, this is much more lucrative than prescribing you a higher dosage (within your range) and only having you as a patient for 3 1/2 months. But then again, i tend to be very cynical.

Well I ordered Accutane on the Internet and just received all of my boxes today. I am starting on 100mg from the gate. I am 155 pounds (70kg), and for my size I could even go up to140mg. Your are fine at 120mg. Your dermatologist could place you on anywhere from 0.5mg to 2mg per kilogram of body weight. But the most important thing is the total dosage taken during the course. By course's end, you should have taken between 120 and 150mg per kilogram of body weight. So just multiply your weight (in kilograms) by these two figures, and you will have your range. The reason you don't see this amount posted much is because (I suspect) doctor's want to s-t-r-e-t-c-h out the time the patient is in their care. If i can place you on some insanely low amount like 20mg/day and keep you coming to me for 8 months, this is much more lucrative than prescribing you a higher dosage (within your range) and only having you as a patient for 3 1/2 months. But then again, i tend to be very cynical.

u got it with a prescription right?

u got it with a prescription right?

i got a question, IF anf IF i could buy accutane somewhere else, all i need is a doctor description and blood test or whatever ?? cuz without insurance, accutane is so expensive for me

I am male, 6 feet tall, about 84 kgs if my conversion is right. I am taking 120 mgs and am in my fifth and final month. I started out slow, 40 mgs, and my face cleared fast. I am lucky. No scars, red marks fading. The doc said that part is all genetic. Cysts can explode the follicle leaving a scar but sometimes if you are lucky, your skin is very elastic and stretches with the cysts for as long as it can.

I personally don't think extraction is bad but don't take my advice. I found it impossible to leave massive grape sized cysts alone when my acne was at its worst. I even used hypodermic needles with some some success becuase the derm would not do it. That was very bad of me I know. I avoided cortisone shots and am very glad about that. It appears to leave dents once Accutane does its thing. I have one scar from about 20 years ago. I am now 35.

Anyway, my side effects are pretty severe but I only have two weeks left and my skin has never looked this good. I have bad back aches every morning, joint pain, flaky skin, mildly blushed face, warm ears, fragile skin, indigestion (something like it anyway), intermittent headaches, bad night vision, and my eyes feel like I am driving in a car without a windshield. Oh, and I am quite irritable.

But no acne at all. My skin is completely clear. If anything pops up, it resolves within what seems like hours.

Good Luck and feel free to share.

Alright Day #3

Acne on my face continues to be clearing...

But I'm getting very pale because of no sunlight, so my acne stands out more i think

However... my body acne is kind of flaring up. I have a big one of my shoulder, a big one on my chest, and two huge ones on my ass. Is this normal for people just endding accutane?

nope. Not with a prescription. I couldn't get a dermatologist to prescribe it so I simply purchased it. It appears, however, that now the international drug pharmacy sites have pulled ACCUTANE from their webpages due to the FDA's new iPLEDGE program which they would be unable to adhere to. Now, my primary care physician (who thinks I'm nuts for self-medicating) has to do bloodwork during my routine physicals, even though he is upset at what I am doing. He will check out my triglyceride levels and liver funtioning because he knows I am on ACCUTANE, despite not agreeing with my choice. I have full coverage insurance, so it's no problem for me to go to my doctor's office routinely for the bloodwork. It's a shame that I had to go in circles just to get this acne treatment, but it appears dermatologist's in NYC simply don't want to be bothered with ACCUTANE.

Edited by jazzychicnyc