Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

To truely say the real reason I joined acne.org was to do a 20 page report and presentation on acne and how Psychology played a huge role. I know I posted wierd and obnocious posts. Was just to past the time and get influential responses. No pictures , names ect ect is givein out. This is purely a study. I'm not going for any award, except for an A+ on my paper. I tried not to offend anyone except when they offended me. But If I did offend you in anyway, I'm sorry. I have been on many sites that contain open public message boards on acne and have even referred them to this site.

Just to give the theory I made in my report on. I'll give the basic information. Its probably contraversal or a based opionion. The probability seems to be the most understanding. This can help a few but not all.

Date: 11-04-2005

Acne :

Is it cureable or is someone hideing the cure? I find it hard to believe acne will ever be cured. It is hard to define on why acne is not able to be cured as of now. We have the cure for almost everything in todays timeline. From small pox to certain types of cancers. Still acne exists into todays population. Its not a small percentage either. 9 out of 10 people get a form of acne, some less noticable to the eye and some more noticable by others. The ones who do get acne in the form of red bumps or contigious marks threwout the body can also go under a great deal of Pyschological pain. No matter who you are, acne will effect your mind. I believe acne does start from the brain. Since the brain is a matter that has yet to be broken or deciphered. Who's to say acne doesn't start from the way you think.

From the first time you get acne and notice it. You will realize you have something that you wished you've never had. Acne can burn an image in your head of yourself. Makeing you more anxious not to have what you got. Can start at the first sight or even the first time you tend that foreign object placed on you. This then sets in a chain of events threw Psychology. Now, realizeing you got acne is probably the worst situation to under-estimate. I would typically blame stress for acne but not. Thats just the small part of it, but about the chain of events you will go threw. Theres noticeing - tending - cureing - stress - pictured image - embarrassment - depression. Soon as depression hits, you start over. At first it wont be as overwelhming. Each chain of events can be small to rangeing from long term determining how long acne persists.

To verify on my chain. I took a long consideration not to miss a beat. The brain works 24 hours and 7 day a week. When you are unconcious or awake. It never stops. Whatever you are dwelling on, you will think more of it while unconcious. You might not notice it unless proven. To prove that your dreams can work in a more scientific way. Read a riddle without knowing the answer before you go to sleep at night. When you wakeup, write down the first thing you can remember in your dream. Then compare your findings to the answer of the riddle. You will find it very close in relations. This is based on Sigmund Freud's theory.

Whats not to say stress, the thought of acne , pictured image ect does go with you while you are unconcious. This is why acne is more prone to develope under sleep. There are cases where acne will develope or "Mature" during concious stages. Usually it happens during embarrassment, knowing how you look, and stress. Remember, your brain is still in the chain. You might not be in general but you are constantly thinking of it.

Dureing the cureing stage, you will try whatever is necessary to aid or heal acne. Maybe constant showers, over use of counter products ect. I beleive, once you start to "think" your acne is healing. It will start to heal itself. Not saying acne products are useless, they are a good source of starting to feeling that you are accoumplishing what has Psychologically destroyed you as a person. This is why acne products never continue with results after you refuse to use it. It will do its job but you need to do your job.

Conclusion: Once you start manageing the way you think about your acne, I almost guaruntee your acne will be cured.

This is just from my point of view from what I found , seen, what I went threw and how remarkable I nolonger had it from unknown causes. What I posted has not been tested or worked on in a Lab. Just my opinion and contraversal theory. This is mainly directed to teenagers. Roscea or other harsher forms of acne can have more than Pyschological problems. This is not the full report, just some key points.

Honestly I think it was a little shady not to bother telling anyone what your purpose was. People would be a lot more interested in helping you out with something like a research paper if you are up front and honest.

Not telling anyone, makes people feel untrusting and like guinea pigs. Thanks for at least letting people know now, better late than never.

Color me stupid, but I am also not seeing how posting weird responses helps to understand the psychology behind acne sufferers. Just read posts if you want to see how we feel. Don't jack with people, because it is offensive whether you intend it to be or not.

Strange topic for a paper dude.

Guest james11

Okay putting the deception aside, that's going to be a piece of shit paper. You can't even spell and you need to get a dictionary to clear up your definition of certain words.

It borders on comical that you think this paper has any credibility!

This post confirms my belief that you are a complete fool.

I've read newguys recent posts before and after he edited some of them and judging by those posts, there is no way you could have gotten any adequate information for your report.

Second, i agree with james that report is very unprofessional in both grammar and spelling.

So the real conclusion is......your full of shit!!!

Guest Marino

Not to mention the fact your not meant to actually interact yourself and alter the structure of the envionrment.

If this was a real paper, he'd be only monitoring as all professionals do.

Conclusion: Once you start manageing the way you think about your acne, I almost guaruntee your acne will be cured.

I will agree that in life it's not so much what matters that happens as much as it matters what our attitude is towards what happens, however, to say, "Just change your thinking = Cure".. is rediculous.

Think about that a minute, you're basically saying that if someone has an illness, they just think differently about it and they''ll be cured.

So, does this apply to people with cancer? Just change their thinking and they'll miraculously be cured? Or any other type of sickness..

Don't be so shallow minded Worstonthetem/newguy100 (Same person, two accounts? :think: ), acne is not all in your head, it's reality.

You can't wish away your problems by rationalizing and positive thinking alone, because that would prove to be as bad as negative thinking. If the person feels bad about her acne, he or she should take an active stance to get rid of it instead of just saying "Okay, from here on out I will not worry about my acne ever again." The fact is that acne makes so many of us sufferers feel like crap and we cannot shake the feeling by just utilizing positive thinking, we have to control the problem physically first before we see an inner change. It's a disease that affects the sufferer physically and mentally, so dealing with it with just mental strength often won't do the job completely, because you're forgetting about acne's physical aspects.

Guest « Clara »

I'm not a fool.

Guest ***Mish Mosh***

LOL! remember newguy100 is an 'expert' and a <cough> 'psychologist'. He doesnt believe I have a BSc Hons degree in Health Promotion from Southampton

So in that case, don't forget your references, with as much up to date research as possible to support your arguement. You should be looking at about 5 pages of references. Medline and Infopsych are good databases and you should be able to get info from JAMA.

Remember the 'Health Belief Model of Health' (perceived risk and perceived barriers, benefits =action etc) and the 'Biopsychosocial Model of Health' which can be applied easily to acne. Then explain the weaknesses within these models (ie. too rigid and they dont allow for change).

You could apply Rogers' 1985 protection motivation theory, different models of stress and critique acne campaigns and their success.

Do you believe me now? Blah.......he's not at University writing at that level. Try and write' in the 3rd person' and try and argue the theories found by research. Dont make lots of statements without research supporting you or you will get marked down.

Guest pokerbugg

he wishes he was a psychologist

im not in college and i spell better than him

Edited by pokerbugg

Guest ***Mish Mosh***

About as much as Joe Bloggs on the street. :cool:

Oh newguy100, you are in breach of the American Psychological Association Code of Ethics and in that case, also your Uni's board of ethics, so dont get marked down!

The ones who do get acne in the form of red bumps or contigious marks threwout the body can also go under a great deal of Pyschological pain

Spelled throughout wrong dumbass

If the paper was an editoral, or else a simple explanation of what some acne sufferer's go through, it's not a bad one, grammer withstanding.

Still, newguy, you would have gotten far more positive feedback had you mentioned that you were interesting in gathering information and experience. The mention of making obnoxious posts just to pass time does not endear you to the people who are on this board for support from acne. Which is, I would assume from this thread, your reason for joining as well.

Good luck on the paper. Run it through spellcheck, fix the fragment sentances, and other than that, you'll be alright.

Oh no, I'm not NewGuy100, I copied and pasted what he wrote, then colored all the typos I could find in 3 minutes. That's all.

I do NOT think mind over matter will work on this :S. It can't sorry :(

Sure, it can do things like lessen your perception on pain, but it definately can't cause skin to heal/change. :S NEWGUY is CRAZY. Anyway Locks, hopefully this clears a few things up.

Sure does. :cool: