Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fena

Quit my job to save my back?

A few months ago I took a new job. The job is fantastic and I'm making a ton of money...I will not find a job more perfect than this one. Problem is I spend about 3-4 hours a day driving and I've noticed that my back really looks like shit. I would get a few zits on my back periodically before, but ever since starting this job I get a lot more, mostly deep cystic ones all over my lower back. Theyre gross. I have long hair, but since they're so low, unless I want to look like the amazon woman I really can't hide it.They got a little better for awhile using bp on my back at night, but I think i would need to use it twice a day to get real results, and wearing white every day is not an option for me. I really believe they are being caused by leaning my back against the car seat nonstop for 4 hours a day, and ever since its been cold and I am wearing more clothing, it has gotten worse. I dont know what to do....Any ideas?

Its almost to the point where I'd probably quit my job, if I could be sure it would help my back look good again. Anyone have an experience like this?

I know people who dropped out of school, quit their jobs, and I've heard stories of kids killing themselves because of acne. I don't think you should quit your job over your acne. Why? You say you are making yourself quite a bit of money, so I say spend it on accutane or Dan's Regimen (which works). It's not worth it to lose financial stability over acne that isn't even visible to other people, since it's on your back. It would be more alarming if it got worse on the face, but the back should be okay to work with since it's not really noticable. Go use your money on acne treatments like the ones I've said, and don't quit your job, please. I guarantee that you will regret it if you do. :naughty:

Guest charyan

i find that sweat causes acne so maybe its not the sitting but more the sweat that comes from it, can you not lean forward every now and then and adjust your shirt or something?

i find that sweat causes acne so maybe its not the sitting but more the sweat that comes from it, can you not lean forward every now and then and adjust your shirt or something?

I think thats what it is...just pressing my back against the seat for so long...Don't get me wrong, its not taking over my life or anything....and my face looks good ( especially since the regimen) and my back isn't like horrible, but it's enough to really bother me. I dont have a self esteem problem - Overall, I get loads of male ( and sometimes female attention) and I hate to sound conceited but I know I look pretty hot otherwise, but my lower back...ewwww...not so hot. I dont know what else to do....I'm doing bp at night, SA wash in the morning...but I have this like square foot of nasty cystic acne bumps on my back, in exactly the spot that my back is pressed againt the seat for 4 hours a day....I mean how do I prevent that? maybe I should carry some sort of cleansing cloths with me during the day or something...I don't know? I do lean forward and adjust my shirt, but its just not enough. I mean I really hate to be so vain as to quit my job, what a waste right? If only I had a better solution....

omg...i had such bad acne my first semester at college and i was so embarassed. but guess what at the end of the semester it was like wow i cant believe i made it. now i have redmarks but i'm so happy i didnt quit school.

quiting you job will not make you feel any better. consider this, you quit your job to fight your acne, but then you realize you need money to fight acne

prehaps u could put a small cushion on your upper back so your lower back could have some space to breathe...just a small one to make a gap between the seat and your back?

just a suggestion...