Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chodo

Accutane on low/moderate ace?

Hey,

I want to get a permanent solution to acne. My friend had reallly bad skin, went on accutane, and his face looks AMAZING now. Not a single pimple, and its even smooth.

I have moderate/low acne, large pores, and incredibly oily skin. My mom still gets pimples now and then so I know I just wont "grow out of it."

I have been seriously thinking about accutane, but I just want some input from you all.

Hey,

I want to get a permanent solution to acne. My friend had reallly bad skin, went on accutane, and his face looks AMAZING now. Not a single pimple, and its even smooth.

I have moderate/low acne, large pores, and incredibly oily skin. My mom still gets pimples now and then so I know I just wont "grow out of it."

I have been seriously thinking about accutane, but I just want some input from you all.

Hey, I'm exactly the same. I've seen people who had severe acne, went on meds, and now their skin is flawless. As for me, I have mild (but extemely stubborn) acne that will not go away. I've tried a lot of cleansers and topical treatments over the years.. they seem to treat existing acne, but they never help to prevent more from surfacing.

And I too, hate when people say you'll "grow out of it"! I've had all these zits since junior high, and I'm an adult now and acne is still a big self esteem issue with me.

So my question is, are there any prescription pills that are not for very extreme cases of acne? BP has not worked for me.

I was pretty much like this....had low/mod acne.....but no products would make it clear permantly.....so i weant on tane....i have been on it near 10 weeks now.....i have to say.....my skin is not much better yet...like my breakouts arent as bad...so only small spots that dont really develop into anything. But i must warn you that it has been tough for me....now i know there are people who have worse skin than me and for tem i do feel sorry...but it was aweful going through a phase where you feel your sking is worse than anything....especially when you have not been accustomed to that with only low/mod acne....even now i have a bunch of red marks that look aweful....which i have never had before. So while i feel that this drug is working.....be prepared for 6 months of not looking the best. If you think you can handle that....then by all means go for it. But if not....then just keep dealing with your low mod acne and do whatever you can to control it...eg mino, doxy, bp etc

Me? Im still not sure i made the right choice.....but i have to live with it now!