Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
theBman

accutane= severly dry skin

hey i started accutane 5 weeks ago, and my skin has never been this dry... my derm recommended i take 2 vitamin e pills a day to deal with the dryness, because moisterizers only keep me not dry for about 20 min. I use Emu oil moisterizer but my derm said not to because oil often irritates acne.. what moisterizers do you recommend

hey i started accutane 5 weeks ago, and my skin has never been this dry... my derm recommended i take 2 vitamin e pills a day to deal with the dryness, because moisterizers only keep me not dry for about 20 min. I use Emu oil moisterizer but my derm said not to because oil often irritates acne.. what moisterizers do you recommend

I don't know. But use that shit, or else your skin will be fucked up when you're done with the course.

Everybody USE MOISTURIZER when you take Accutane.

I think you should continue using the emu oil. Your derm might be unaware that this is a type of oil that does not aggravate acne in the vast majority of users.

I think you should continue using the emu oil. Your derm might be unaware that this is a type of oil that does not aggravate acne in the vast majority of users.

I'm about 5 weeks in as well and my face is hardly dry at all. I don't even really need to use mosturizer. I have noticed however that my hands and arms get really dry.

I'm about 5 weeks in as well and my face is hardly dry at all. I don't even really need to use mosturizer. I have noticed however that my hands and arms get really dry.

yeah, same here.

I am using Emu oil and I love it. It isn't causing me any breakouts, it is actually very soothing. But I only use it at night, during the day I have been using the Cetaphil Cream (not lotion).

Any moisturizer that's designed for sensitive skin should work, but you may need to reapply it several times a day. Neutrogena, Cetaphil, and Aveeno are decent drugstore moisturizer brands, but make sure you get the sensitive skin kind that's not comedogenic and doesn't have fragrance. Consider buying a couple bottles, keep one at home for morning and night applications, and one where ever you spend your days so you can reapply if needed. For body lotion, i like Aveeno "daily moisturizing lotion", it absorbs quickly and doesn't feel greasy.

I just finished my first month on accutane. Last week my forearms starting getting dry & now even my face. I use a Clean & Clear Moist. - for Dry/oily skin & for blemishes. It makes my current spots a bit red, so than after I apply another moist of AVENE & than I'm fine. But obviously I need to apply it even during the day. It is a bit of a headache but what can we do that our life boys & girls!

Aveeno is good. Get one with sunscreen, and reapply often. Seriously, your skin is going to be super-dry on Accutane until your treatment is finished, so slather on that lotion!

I use jojoba oil, works pretty well. I also try not to wash my face too much, maybe once every two days since I started taking accutane. This keeps my skin looking decent and doesn't dry it out too much.