Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
badazz404

really need help with pore scarring

ive been reading a lot of these posts lately and decided to join in. acne never really bothered me until a couple of years ago when i went off to college and started to break out rather severely. i went on minocycline and some other topical medicines and cleared that up. however, i was left with these pore scars that look like holes on my forehead. they continually bother me more and more. some days are better than others and today is one of the worst. i never feel like going out anymore, i dont want to talk to people, and i pretty much hate my life because whatever i do i cant get away from the fact that i have these scars on my forehead. i had a chemical peel to try and alleviate the problem about a year ago to little or no avail. i just started the cool touch non ablative treatment but i have heard it does little for this type of scarring from some other posts. i dont know what to do anymore because it seems like i am doomed to be depressed. these scars are literally killing me inside and i dont know what to do anymore. it seems like there is no hope. any suggestions guys?

Hi badazz. I completely understand how you feel. I have not only acne scars but large pore scars on my forhead and both cheeks. And I have an extreme amount of them. It gets worse for me every day also. I live in NJ and I will be going to a Dr. to get some treatments done. Subcision, tca spot treatment and nlite. Its been real hard for me to save up for this but hopefully within the next two months I'll have made my appointment to get this done because I'm running out of energy to fight this. I dont know where you live but there are treatments out there that can help. How much I'm not sure. I just think until each individual gets some kind of treatment theres no way to tell how a treatment is going to improve your scars. It seems nobody on this board can really give us that answer. So basicly coming to this board was a good idea. There are some very very kind people here who can give you info and advice to get you pointed in the right direction. So ask questions and know everybody on this board is going through the same thing. Dont give up hope.

badazz404

Do you have any photos? If you post them, I'll give you an opinion if you like.

There are plenty of methods, just not all works for everyone.

i was wondering what tca was all about because i have not heard much information...also wondering if people had any success with the cooltouch laser? what percentage improvement can i expect in terms of pore scars(in general terms not just from cool touch)? i dont have any pictures as of right now but i will try to post something. thanx for the replies...

also...i was wondering if anyone knows a really good cosmetic surgeon who specializes in acne scars such as mine in the Los Angeles area...