Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know accutane can be damaging to your liver and thats why I'm wondering if I can drink any alchohol while im on it. I expected ot being able to but after reading the little pamphlet of info given to me with accutane I didn't see anything about it and my doctor never brought up the topic either (maybe because I'm 18 ). Anyways if so, how much? any info relating to this topic would be appreciated.

Impaired judgement. :D

Just don't drink too much cause if your liver enzyme counts are high your derm might take you off the medicine.

My doc never said anything about it either (but maybe cause i'm also only 19) but then I did mention something one time when I was talking to her about a trip I took to canada for my 19th to drink, and she didn't say anything about it being bad ect....the one thing I have noticed is that when I do drink the next morning my skin is hella dry...like flaking. Because alcohol makes you dehydrated, and so that doesn't help the dry skin caused by accutane.

when i first started accutane my derm never told me abuot not drinking but i knew u were not meant to cause my friend had been on accutane and was told not to over do it. so i asked my derm and she said it is not advised.

but every weeked i go out and so i figured i would give myself a limit of 4 halves of lager, that was fine but it was boring and i drank well loads more than i should have but was stil fine the next mornin.

but this was all after my final bloodtest so i now have no clue what my levels are like at all and wont till aug which is the end of treatment.