Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
legislatorgov

who spends the most on OTC products a month

now that i'm going back to acnefree, i barely hit $10 a month with this new bulk sized 3 month supply bottles i get from sams club

Let's see... $15x3 (3 solugels), $20 (10% BP wash that isn't covered by insurance), $25 (face doctor bar of soap), 2x$25(la roche posay moisturizer), 2x$20 (lavender oil bottles), .75x$30 (proactiv toner), $16 (spectro derm).

All in all, $220. :D

Yeap, big spender. I think I got most people beat :)

Let's see... $15x3 (3 solugels), $20 (10% BP wash that isn't covered by insurance), $25 (face doctor bar of soap), 2x$25(la roche posay moisturizer), 2x$20 (lavender oil bottles), .75x$30 (proactiv toner), $16 (spectro derm).

Spend that money on accutane instead.

Well, I'd rather not have Accutane due to the side effects.

I don't know how people can spend so litte. I mean just the BP by itself for 1 week costs around $10. Dan does say to apply A LOT. That would run out 1 tube in 1 week. Then the moisturizer? What do you guys use? The lower end brands are hard to trust, because what you pay for is what you get. That would at least run someone to $50 a month. And you guys have special toners, scrubs, or face washes I'm sure. Nobody uses just water. :)

I don't spend much. I have a fairly low-budget regimen. I use this cleanser my aunt bought me from this day spa (it's a huge bottle, supposed to last about a year), so I'm not spending any on cleansers for a while. Though when it runs out I'll probably start buying Purpose cleanser. I use ACV and water as a toner/astringent, and Aloe Vera gel for a moisturizer (the family size bottle lasts me about a year). And I use Neutrogena on the spot.

Hmm... once I start buying Purpose again I'm guessing i'll spend around $10/mo? That's not including pore strips, and misc. facial masks.

it really depends but from $10-$50 a month. I'm a major product junkie so right now im trying to clear myself of using all the products that i bought from previous times

Guest james11

My parents have spent fuck loads on my treatments. I'm too embaressed to say how much!

I'm def not rich, but I never look at prices when I buy products for the simple fact that I dont mind spending alot of money on my face if I have too...

my pca moisturize is 34 $ (1 a month supply)

(for my dark circles) my vitamin a and c serum $57 , and eyeXcellence $32 (both lasts for a few months)

I use alot of other products but I dont buy them that often and there cheap anyway..

Guest Tinky

it really depends but from $10-$50 a month. I'm a major product junkie so right now im trying to clear myself of using all the products that i bought from previous times

This sounds like me :redface:

I usually spend around 50$ but I'd like to see that number go down .

Guest pokerbugg

remede high energy contour eye cream - $90 (lasts about 3 months)

remede double oxygenating booster - $ 95 (lasts about 2 1/2 months)

remede oil control/anti-aging moisturizer - $90

vitamins and minerals - about $60 (a month)

cleanser - $3.00

oil blotting sheets - like $5 or $6 not sure

$12 (lasts 2 months, retails $24) Dermalogica face wash. $45 Ren Moisturizer. $42 Dermalogica Multivitamin Masque. $9 Evian Toner. $10 BP Gel. $50 Green Cream. $10 Hyaluronic Serum (last ~5 months, retails $50)

Total $178. Not too bad.

yikes :shock:

you must be hitting the big bucks there!

why do you use so many products? what kind of acne do you have?

wouldn't it be better to just see a derm and get a prescription product that doesn't require you to use half the stuff that you're using???

Guest ***Mish Mosh***

I know some people have more money than sense.

Marketing suckers.

Just something i wanted to say. Out of all the money you guys/gals spent on clearing up your acne and if you still have acne don't you feel bad/sad that you could've spent it on something better?

Like honestly i spend thousands of dollars on different lasers and micros that none have worked and when i think about it. I could've either invested that money, bought a car used of course, paid other bills, or even pay for other things like braces for my teeth, whiten up my teeth more, do some work on this or that.

Doesn't anyone think this way? I now do since ever I spent sooo much i think and now saving my money like crazy.