Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dejaclairevoyant

How to get makeup off-

Anyone have any good ways of dealing with this? I have to rub my eyes and skin with a washcloth to really remove the makeup..and I know thats not good while trying to follow the regimen. I usually use some eye makeup remover stuff and a washcloth..then I use the same cleanser Ive been using (clean and clear morning burst cleanser) on the rest of my face..sometimes it takes a couple washes to really get the makeup off because I use a lot of it to cover my acne. (I know its not that good, but I cant go without it, dont bother telling me not to use makeup while doing the regimen, I CANT go out like that). I was gonna switch to the cetaphil cleanser since Ive heard its ultra gentle, but I also heard it doesnt remove makeup that good? Should I try those daily facials cloths? What do you guys use to remove makeup while on the regimen?

Purpose bar removes makeup really well. I do use a rag to get my eye makeup off, which isn't irritating 'cause I don't get acne on my eyes anyway, lol. But the purpose bar lathers really well and removes it fine.

I know this is off the "regimen" but a very gentle toner can help you get the last traces of makeup and soap residue off your skin. Never use one from the drugstore made for acne, especially brands like clean and clear, clearasil, or neutrogena -- you might as well put nail polish remover on your face. Something with soothing ingredients made for dry skin, sensitive skin, or all skin types that's oil free should work. I like nivea moisturizing toner; it has chamomile and aloe and never irritates my skin. The body shop also makes some good ones. It may not be part of the acne.org official regimen, but a mild toner will not hurt your skin, and it's better to throw in an extra step than to not get your face clean. Also, I like to follow toner with a splash of cold water.

Don't use a washcloth on your eyes! Rubbing your eyes causes aging. Use a good eye makeup remover (lancome's is the best, loreal also makes a good affordable one), and cotton pads (not balls, the fibers in these come loose and weigh down your eyelashes). Put some of the remover on the pad, and hold it on your eye for 10 seconds to help the makeup dissolve, then rub it off. This way reduces the amount of rubbing you have to do; excessively rubbing your eyes can lead to premature aging since the skin there is delicate.

Purpose bar removes makeup really well. I do use a rag to get my eye makeup off, which isn't irritating 'cause I don't get acne on my eyes anyway, lol. But the purpose bar lathers really well and removes it fine.

purpose makes a liquid too, and that works really well also. its actually soap free so i use it to scrub over my eyes to get mascara off as well, it does the job and doesnt sting. i never have to wash twice, but then again, i dont wear much makeup.