Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
legislatorgov

why do men have acne more than women?

Also, asians in their native countries have hardly any acne. It's when they come to America or other western cultures and eat our food that they really start to get acne..

Which food exactly..? It's not all chop-sticks and rice over in the asian countries. I'd say that the industrialized asian countries have nearly as many fast food restaurants as we do in the USA and UK.

I allways thought asians had less acne than any other race, well i guess it afects us all equally. Well I'm mexican and also have acne.

I also heard people get acne from the preservatives they put on the food here in the U.S. IDK!!?!

I started working out reglarly (mass building, lots of weight) i didnt have a problem untill then. Hormones play a HUGE role.

You have to remember, 75% of Africans and 85% of Asians are lactose-intolerant.

People always knock on me for this, but I do believe diet is a major cause of acne. I believe dairy is the main culprit since many Africans and Asians eat meat in their countries but dairy is not widely available. How many people in these Asian/African countries eat cheese pizza? Drink chocolate milk?

Doctors say give up dairy for 3-4 days to see if anything happens, but that's too short a time for anything to happen. You might as well give up dairy for 2 minutes and see if anything happens. The hormones and milk proteins can live in your system for months without constant fuel (milk). Kind of like how your car keeps running if you give it gas. Some cars have better gas mileage than others. Same thing with milk, some people can flush out dairy naturally in a shorter time span than others.

I'm currently on 6 weeks of no dairy and have seen significant results. Are my pores still big? Yes, but 40% smaller than before and my skin is less oily. I am also on 2g/B5 as well. I think it takes months before the dairy really leaves your system. I mean you look at these 3rd world countries and none of them have acne problems, yet they are less sanitized and have virtually no access to skin care products. Yet their genes are identical to their western counterparts, yet their diet is significantly different.

Of course if you think I'm full of balogna, then don't take my word for it. But for me, it seems like dairy is the main culprit of acne.

Also, asians in their native countries have hardly any acne. It's when they come to America or other western cultures and eat our food that they really start to get acne..

Which food exactly..? It's not all chop-sticks and rice over in the asian countries. I'd say that the industrialized asian countries have nearly as many fast food restaurants as we do in the USA and UK.

That is true. Last time I was in Seoul they had a KFCs and MickyDs but the consumption still isn't anywhere close. I think food over here has a lot to do with it. My parents are short, grew up eating rice and fish that kinda stuff. I came over here when I was 5 and my friends say I'm pretty big for all the asians they've seen. And I got acne too, which not many asians have if they stick to their tradional foods. Actually I haven't seen any asian besides me with acne. WTF?!

Cosmetic acne is a big problem, it was more prevalent in adult women, but now due to metrosexuality it's on the rise with men.

lol.. do you want to explain your reasoning behind this theory?

Very very true. I go to asia a lot and from my experience, almost NO ONE has acne there. Even my derm who is caucasian tells me that asians(chinese/korean/japanese) usually have less problem with acne. He also said that asians have skin that are way more sensitive then other races. It's probably due to the enviornment that we all evolved in.

I'm asian myself and it's true that food does play a huge role in acne. My parents are both from asia and they NEVER had acne. None of my aunts or uncles had acne. Not even my grandparents. But me and my brother are both american born chinese and we both have acne. Mine used to be severe too. My cousins that are born here also have acne. One of them have it WAYYYY worse then me. I always get hassled by family members when we have family reunions on thanksgiving/christmas about my acne. They always tell me how they never had acne or what's wrong with my skin. It sucks! My mother would always tell me that it's because of my diet. Also when my parents were young, they would always drink some chinese herbal soup every meal. Their diet is like 80% veggies and the other 20% is mostly fish and rarely pork. I however hate drinking the soup and I hate veggies so I just eat the typical american diet. You guys might think I'm crazy, but it is something in our food! Why is it that none of my older relatives ever had acne while me and most of my cousins have moderate to severe acne? I only have one cousin that doesn't have acne because she is 2 years old.

i think there might be a lot of truth to that; i did a research paper on veganism and a lot of sources said that your skin clears up if you cut dairy out of your diet. however, i know some vegans who still have severe acne.

From my experience, that's not true. We got a lot of Asian exchange students and quite a few of them had acne when they arrived.

I've noticed that most Asians with acne have it on their cheeks, does that mean anything?

In regards to the whole gender debate, I'd say that women are more likely to get it, but of those who have cystic acne, or acne that isn't in one area, the majority are men.

females may get acne more than men, however it is the male hormone (androgens) which tend to cause hormonal acne in women. ESpecially around their period where the estrogen level in women is different, your hormone levels fluctuate depending on what point of your cycle you are on. Thus more breakouts around your period.

sorry lol, i dont know that men get it more than women, however my bio teacher seems to think that men do.