Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
longits

N-Lite or Smoothbeam???

Hello, this is only a question for all the people who have used any of these two lasers. I have used N-Lite and i think it really works (but 3-4 sessions are needed to se a 70-80 improvement).

What about smoothbeam? Anybody who has do it and take good/bad results? Please comment your oppinions. Thanks.

Have not done N-Lite. But I did have Cooltouch II, 5 treatments done. It is now 6 months after my last treatment and I have to say my skin is a LOT smoother, I can tell collagen has probably filled in the scars a little, but they are still very noticeable. So I can't give a definite percentage, but I would say around 20%. It seemed to be worse for a couple of months there and then all of a sudden better. Who knows, it may not even have anything to do with Cooltouch at all but I feel that it does.

I did go in for a Smoothbeam appointment and it looks like this laser works almost identically to the Cooltouch II. The cost is almost the same, and I did a couple of test spots and it felt exactly the same. The only notable difference was that the wavelength setting of the Smoothbeam laser is 1450nm, while the Cooltouch II is 1320 nm. I am not a rocket scientist so I don't know exactly what this means. Some have claimed the Smoothbeam is more effective, some the Cooltouch II. I think the results will likely be very similar.

It would be helpful if you listed the type of scars you have.

cool touch II from what ive heard is for acne

Actually, the Smoothbeam was originally meant for acne but they found a side of effect was improvement of acne scarring. I think, but don't quote me on it, the Cooltouch II was initially meant to smooth out wrinkles. I have saucer scars, lots of em on my temples and some on my cheeks. I guess they were classified as "rolling scar" and some "boxcar" scars by one dermatologic surgeon I went to.

And what about N-Lite people? I have see a lot of improvement, and i really think is the best laser at the moment. I really think too that the best way to use it is to have 2 sessions (that is, four times N-Lite, remember that each session of N-Lite includes 2 separated in 15-30 days).

For me, the only problem is that is so expensive! (but works!) ](*,)

theirs a limit tonlite it only works on certain type of scars

as with all non ablative lasers.

I really don't know much about Smoothbeam as it's not available in the UK (as yet) but the N-Lite was originally created to treat wrinkles - but a side benefit was that it also killed acne.

I would say that N-Lite could definately help with shallow scarring, but it won't help deep pits or picks - but would enhance the collagen growth of other treatments like subcision and needling.

Yes, all that you said is truth. I have medium rolling scars, and i have to say that i see a lot of improvement in 2 sessions (4 in total), after 9 months of the second session. Maybe 70-75 per cent, who is really amazing. The next year i'll try again, and i think that maybe it could dissapear. I think is a nice solution to do it 5-6 times in 2 or three years, because the improvement is real.

I'm so happy because i see new tecnologies are slowly slowly helping us, i think that in maybe four or five years we will have non ablative lasers that will improves practically at 80-85 per cent, but this is only my hopes of course.

Kisses from Spain

long that is not true

non ablative lasers only help soft scars

a combination

between isolagen/subcisions/non ablative lasers

could get rid of 90% of scars maybe in some of the worst cases.

hello50 in my own experiencie it works very good, i don't have very deep scars in all the face, but in the two zones where they are worse (maybe deep of 0,3mm) now they looks like 60-70 % better. I think doing N-Lite every 6-7 months helps to scars and there is no risk asocciated. No pain, etc... For me, the only problem is that it is so expensive. If it isn't, i'm sure that i could obtain a 90-95 % of improvement in all my scars (low-medium the most and 2 or three more deeper, all rolling scars).

ok its teh 10th day

today at the lunch table my brother is like

omg what happened to your face

its likeall gone.

Even thouhg it isnt, youcan see the improvement. This stuff is a miracle.

ok its teh 10th day

today at the lunch table my brother is like

omg what happened to your face

its likeall gone.

Even thouhg it isnt, youcan see the improvement. This stuff is a miracle.

Is your face still swollen?

longits,

=D> You got such good improvment, which encourages me.

So after nlite, your scars are much less noticable, right? is the change gradually or suddenly and is there any scar disappear completely?

In my country, one treatment of nlite is around $130.

(maybe deep of 0,3mm) now they looks like 60-70 % better
.3mm is not that deep. Mine would be .5mm but it's more of a large depression than a defined scar.

Good to see these improvements.

Hello50 how deep is your scarring.

Well i would like to say many things. (Sorry if my english is bad but i'm from Spain).

Look, the improvement is real. But is not so much with a normal treatment (that is, two sessions separated in 15 days). Maybe 30-35%, and you see the improvement in aprox. 3-4 months (i have see the best results in 6 months, but is my particular case).

With a second treatment in the same zone (that is,two new sessions separated in 15 days),six months later, the improvement is really really incredible. In 3-4 months, 70-75 per cent. I see that my scars are beginning to dissapear. I'm talkin about rolling scars, not so much deeper but yes, good scars (0,2-0,4 maxium).

In the third treatment (6 months later) that was just fantastic. The improvement is 80-90 %.

Things that i have to say: First, to see the improvement you have to wait, it's logical. Two, my derm takes private photos to can see the improvement. Third, if the scar is like ice pick or a lot of deeper it doesn't works, maybe can improve something (you know, 0,6 goes to 0,4 or 0,3 or something like that, i'm not sure).

What i'm really sure is that continuated N-Lite treatments separated in 6 months is the BEST (of course, from my own opinion) laser and treatment that i ever see to treat scars not so deeper. I have read that deeper scars will need excision and later N-Lite, who is a very good option (and these people say that improvement is at 80-90 per cent!).

I have to say too that N-Lite can be turned from lower to more potencial. In my case, my derm begins with a normal potential. 15 days later, he asked me if i see any purpure color in my face or something like that, and i said him not. He turns the machine a "little" more.

Conclusions from myself: a) Make the first session of N-Lite (that is, two times separated in 15 days). Wait 4-5 months. And make the second session (2 times - 15 days). And finally, the last (exactly in the same way, 4-5 months and two times). And you'll see results, and tell me... Please tell to the derm that use a good power of the machine.

Last things: No effects/no pain/no time to recover

The only problem that i think: IS TOO EXPENSIVE IN MY COUNTRY!! ](*,)

But i'm really sure, later i have read more in this forum and other sites, that N-Lite is the best solution for lower-medium rolling scars in the world, without any kind of doubt. I'm using tretinoin too, and i just wash my face every morning and every night. I don't take the sun without protection (this is very important).

longtits,

please do not bang your face against brick wall. you could get more scarring! =;

I think non-ablative lasers are expensive in the US also.

Yes, money is the only thing that moves the world...i hope n-lite in 2 or 3 years will be a lot of cheper...i hope!!!

I had my Nlite today so I will keep everyone up to date on my progress (or lack of it it, hope not!) Oh and a question, you said it would be best to do two sessions separated between 30 days. Im confused on this because Ive read that having the procedure immediently done again within a certain time is really a waste of time and money because your skin has just started the collagen producing process...My doc told me it would be best to come back in 6 weeks for my second treatment. Just a lil confused on all of this, Im not saying Im right or your wrong or vice versa, Ive just heard alot of different things about when to get the second treatment. ??

Im confused on this because Ive read that having the procedure immediently done again within a certain time is really a waste of time and money because your skin has just started the collagen producing process...My doc told me it would be best to come back in 6 weeks for my second treatment.

Personally I don't think it matters that much - I had N-lite with subcision 2 weeks ago and I am getting it again in 4 weeks - The suncised scars have improved around 10% I would say but the N-lite has smoothed out my skin a little - takes time to see results.

The ICN pharmaceuticals (the owners of Nlite) recommend to repeat process 15 days later of the first. But my derm tell me that is better to wait 30 days. I don't know, but it seems that in 15 days collagen will "not works" more.

N-Lite works, and i pray to they can discover a new non ablative laser that works a "little" more, because really the improvement of each n-lite sessions is not so much (but yes, if you repeat it 3-4 times then the improvement will be very good, i have areas at 80-90 % better after 3 n-lites (dual sessions, that is, 6 times) waiting 4 months from one to another.

Good luck! :evil: