Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Overload

f***ing ridiculous!

omg, i was watching the tv this morning (CD:UK i think) with my cousins and an advert came on and my cousin goes 'watch this, its really funny!' so i was thinking 'okay, im up for a laugh'.

Fuck me! it was a new oxy advert. has anyone seen it?!!? 2 guys go into a kebab shop and order kebabs and when the man at the counter hands them over, one of the guys starts rubbing the kebab all over his face. then his friend takes him outside and hands him an oxy wipe to get rid of his greasy, disgusting skin. it made me feel so ashamed.

i wanna email them a heavy complaint, its so degrading, they dont have a contact address on the site though.

here you go, found it:

http://www.oxy.co.uk/mtv/

am i the only one who doesnt find this funny? maybe im being too sensitive

Guest mishmosh

It won some competition by the looks of it.

I hate stupid ads like that. It isnt even funny. Just embarrassing.

It implies people who eat junk food get spots.

firstly: :shock:

secondly: what the blooming hell? :eh:

thirdly: what stupid dumbass came up with that bright :idea: to make an advert like that :rolleyes:

am i the only one who doesnt find this funny?

Thats one of the most pathetic adverts ive ever seen :evil: . They must be really twisted if they even thought for a second that it would improve their sales :rolleyes:

^

I'm not surprised really. They obviously knew that it would provok a reaction from people, and evidently, they dont wanna hear it. :doh:

Does anyone here have their phone number.. like usually on products they have the number of the company just incase you have any queries or whatever, normally they have a 0800 number...

Do you all see where I'm gettting at?! ... :whistle:

Not an 0800 number unfortunately.

:( and I really wanted to prank call them as well.

Oh well...

Thanks for the details though, I'll definately email them. :whistle:

i know it can seem insensitive and wont probably help their sales but although i see people views on the negatives but i cudnt help but laugh beacuse it is very strange. It shouldn't b taken that sensibly it is just meant to be a joke.

Guest Poker-Butt

it definitely wont, ur aiming at acne sufferers how are u gonna advertise that oils on ur face and a zits are the same as rubbing disgusting food on ur face as if it was the same and that this oxy will magically cure it all and make it better... i cant believe it was a contest and that this was the winner....i guess they mustve been the ONLY contestant

Yeah the oxy ad is hilarious!!! It's like they don't even try anymore and made the ad for the sake of it. Those guys in the ad must be students desperate for money, cos they made complete ar$e$ of themselves on TV!!

I've always found that the best products are the one's which aren't advertised heavily, like BP, and Zirh products, etc.

Those guys in the ad must be students desperate for money, cos they made complete ar$e$ of themselves on TV!!

those guys in the ad go to my school, and yes they did win a competition

those guys in the ad go to my school, and yes they did win a competition

omg, please tell me the guy who rubbed the kebab on his face got a huuuuuge breakout for doing that. it would make my day! :dance: *crosses fingers*

:shifty: im in an evil mood :whistle: am i a bad person? lol