Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi folks, just wondering here if anyone knows why a lot of people who take roaccutane take fish oil as well? How much fish oil should I consume daily? Cheers...

It helps with the joints. It is also good for cholesterol and skin.

Take 1-2 capsules a day. Get a good brand, like Nordic Naturals, or something that is third party certified mercury free.

Make sure there is no vitamin A in it.

It helps with the joints. It is also good for cholesterol and skin.

Take 1-2 capsules a day. Get a good brand, like Nordic Naturals, or something that is third party certified mercury free.

Make sure there is no vitamin A in it.

thanks there emmanuel..but as far as i know, fish oil contains omega3 as well which one of its ingredients is equvalent to vitamin A (25IU)...is that ok?

Why, what is so bad about Vitamin A?

Nothing is, unless you're on accutane :) So, if you're not, it's fine to take fish oil containing vit a (i think it's cod liver oil that contains it)..just don't go crazy :dance:

Fish oil is GREAT for the skin. I take a supplement called "the total EFA 700" which is a mixture of flax, fish and borage oils and provides omega-3, 6 and 9. If I forget to take it, my skin starts looking dry and old very quickly.

Q