Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dave411

recommended BP gel/cream? quinoderm or panoxyl?

hi, im nu to this site and was wondering what 2 use out of quinoderm or panoxyl. I have had acne for about 1.5 years now and it has never gotten worse than moderate. It has settled down and i have moderate/mild acne which is manageable. I tend 2 rarely get spots in any other place than the side of my cheeks and the lower sides of my mouth by my chin. however because i have had for a while, although better, i have been left with some red marks on my cheeks also. they arent drastic but due to my fair complexion are noticeable. Im starting the regimen beacuse i wish to eliminate and future spots buy tackleing the p.acnes but want to know ppls oppinion of which is less harsh on the skin, quinoderm or panoxyl (which i have been usin for the last day.....initiation stage) and which better for not leaving really red marks (heard in previous topics)

soz its long just thought id b specific. also if possible can ppl tell me what other products they use inconjunction with the BP cream/gel and the prices.

Thnx v much,

Dave

P.S. if nebody is using ne other BP cream/gel plz post what it is and where 2 get, thnx

ohh yeah, btw im a 17 year old male(as of september), living in southampton. Also the places that i grow facial hair i dont experience acne in, plus none on forehead, nose, or front bits of cheeks (can experience being a bit 'shiny', lol. Thats y the Bp is being used all over (if recommended). Thnx hope to hear your advice

hey,

i actually have used both of them and i liked both, they both work well. Panoxyl dries my skin out more, like i can use quinoderm for longer periods without my skin getting too dry.

Use what you think is better on your skin, as everyones is different. I hope thats helped a little bit!

x x x

thnx v much 4 the info. i tried the panoxyl b4 but have heard mixed reviews. Neway i went to the doctors and because he said the acne is mild, and seems to only be on the lower mouth, next to actual front bit of chin, i should use this gel called Nicam gel he precribed. The only prob with using the BP gel is i have sensitive and fair skin so it is quite harsh, gets rid of spots, but ends up cracking the skin and reddening it. I know this is what happens but this gel treats the inflammation and doesnt irritate my skin as much. however although the BP is substituted for Nicam gel i shal still folo the regimen, but with a difference. (BTW Nicam is working for me well, and it should also get better)

Another point is what moisturiser have ppl found to be most effective, could you detail, prices place of purchase and main ingredients if poss. thnx v much dave

Edited by dave411
Guest ***Mish Mosh***

I live just outside Southampton! Im using Nicam gel too. Do boots in town stock it? only i have to order mine from a local chemist.

Which regimen are you doing? only for dan's you should be using 2 1/2 per cent BP or it will screw your skin up. Oxy on the spot is BP 2 1/2 per cent.

If nicam is working , why are you changing>? i much prefer the nicam gel to the regimen.

BTW, what's with the 'gotten'? have you been taking yank lessons?!

hi, lol funny that living so close. btw soz about 'gotten' i can spell perfectly fine, must have been a bit lazy.

If nicam is working , why are you changing>? i much prefer the nicam gel to the regimen.
Edited by dave411
Guest ***Mish Mosh***

Boots Botanics Pore Perfecting moisturiser SPF 15

Nivea Young Moisturiser is also oil free and doesnt contain s.acid.

Im going to the docs next week as Im after some nicam gel. I bought some for 13 pounds, which is ridiculous!

Good luck with the regimen. Make sure you use 2.5 % BP only.

thnx v much mish mosh. i was lookin at boots website last nite and came across the botanics pore perfecting moisturiser lol, will definatly give it a go beacuse i know that range of products is good and natural. Also i don't know if u understood but im not actually using BP at all, just Nicam instead of the BP. but im usinf pears soap and will use that boots botanics moisturiser as a substitute regimen, beacuse it works and i dont get the side effects of BP.

Thnx v much for ur help guys i find this website helpful......specially dans tips on how 2 cleanse properly : )

Guest ***Mish Mosh***

ah sorry. Misunderstood.

im using neutrogena clear pore wash with s.acid in with nicam gel (plus mineral makeup) Works well!

Was wondering about moisturiser. Do you use it before the gel or after ?

well at the mo im using a soft moisturiser, superdrug baby lotion, lol (sounds a bit camp). But thats y i wanted 2 change coz it doesn't say non-pore, or the officle word (don't know the spelling). Neway i apply the nicam gel and then let it absorb for about 2mins, then apply the moisturiser. this works for me beacuse it gets absorbed and then i apply before it has a chance to redden the skin (which hasn't happened but is a possible side affect......no way near the same as BP thou).

This seems to be working very well and after 2-3 days use it has been very affective, plus i think that has something to do with using pears soap which is good for me (the least chemicals etc in the cleanser the better for me).

thnx 4 replyin again, ur advice and help has been really good :) hope to hear a reply, Dave

Guest Mish Mosh

sorry im not dave, but you can buy it at any big supermarket or chemist.

Its £1.01 in Boots

hey guys, pears soap is very good. Specially as it lasts a long time and is cheap, with all the good properties of an acne cleanser. Neway thought id update........been using panoxly for the past week beacuse nicam is good but i need 2 prevent spots from appearing.......working very good, almost clear. Neway hope the pears soap helps, it does with me, also im using a tea tree and witch hazel moisturiser made by boots, its very good and gentle, plus non-pore blocking, oil free etc. Thnx 4 all the help, hope i dont get many red marks from panoxly :pray:

you using the PanOxyl 5% Acne Gel ?

its there a 2.5% one?

ive never use any kinda of gel or BP ive heard the 5% BP gel is not very good to use????

i use the panoxyl 2.5 aquagel, which is good. Got it from lloyds pharmacy for £3.10, but i may to get it 4 free from my local gp ;)......soz dont know about acnegel

wow, i have 1 tiny pimple (non-inflammatory) and thats all the active acne :D. This regimen has been extremely and beacuse i only use it once a day, and on any areas that need it in the morning, there isn't any redness ( only a slight bit for the 1st 2-3days)........this regimen is fantastic. Only thing is make sure u use a good moisturiser not just beacuse it stopd redness but otherwise u'll peel in this lovely english temperature and winds.........good luck, now i just have 2 get rid of these red marks lol, hopefully the panoxyl will help peel the skin and dull then......clear skin is gettin closer :dance: and thatnkfully 4 the regimen can be controlled :D